Male
    Number of posts : 27
    Where I live : USA
    I have visited China : 2 times
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Fiancee or Marriage Visa ...

Post by Mark on 26/07/10, 03:00 am

Hello Everyone,
    I'm new to this forum, although I was a member of some other forums. I hate to ask a question that has been asked many time before, but here goes! Isn't it quicker to process a fiancee visa instead of a marriage visa?

I have been emailing and chatting with a women for almost 3 years now, and I am going to meet her very soon. I had researched this in the past, and the general consensus seemed to be that it is better/quicker to process a fiancee visa and marry in the USA (I'm from the USA), instead of marrying in China and processing a marriage visa. As I recall, it is nearly twice as fast.

I appreciate any wisdom anyone can bring to bear on this, as her and I are currently planning this next move.

Thanks a million.
    Mark
    sf_skyfox

Male
    Number of posts : 82
    Where I live : St Charles
    I have visited China : 5 times
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Re: Fiancee or Marriage Visa ...

Post by sf_skyfox on 26/07/10, 11:38 am

Mark,

It took us under a year to get our finacee visa, not sure how long it takes for a marriage visa. What we did do, is have a wedding dinner in China, it isn't official until you do the legal documents. So we had the dinner there and a year later when the wife came to the states we made it official. Which worked out very nicely for us.
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Post by handyal on 26/07/10, 06:08 pm

Irrespective of whatever Visa you apply for, you first have to prove a genuine relationship.

This last year both US and UK Visas have seen there fair share of problems. Although you may have been in contact with the woman for 3 years Mark, if you haven't yet met, I wouldn't make any firm plans.

I think you would have to visit at least twice before you have a chance of prooving a relationship. IMHO.
    sf_skyfox

Male

Post by sf_skyfox on 26/07/10, 06:54 pm

Handyal is right. You will have to prove there is a real relationship between you and your fiancée. It is common for them to ask for photos of when you have been together, as well as what you have done together. I think not only proving to immigration that you have a real relationship, it would be a good investment for you both to meet in person and spend time together. My wife's interview went by very smoothly, there were a mixture of things that I believe help that to happen. We had been talking to one another for 4 years, we have had four visits as well. Each visit building on the other, first spending time with her, the second visit was with her, her daughter and mother. If everything is in order, the process is just putting in the time for it to happen. If you there is any sign that would cause questions, then it can be more painful, with immigration saying no. Although if they say no, you can always reapply once you have the evidence they are looking for, and the additional fees to do it again.
    Good luck and ask questions, we may not always give the answers people want to hear, but everyone here seems to give answers that are always with the best intents and are from experience.

Mark

Male
    Number of posts : 27
    Where I live : USA
    I have visited China : 2 times
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Mark on 27/07/10, 04:02 am

Hi sf_skyfox and handyai,
    I really appreciate you guys passing on your experiences to me, and giving it to me straight. You know, you read all kinds of claims by companies who say they can process the K-1 or K-3 by such and such a time. Can you really believe that? I think they also claim to make your whites whiter and your brights brighter! (hehe) Well, one step at a time. First the visit, and then we'll see! Should be interesting, right?

Thanks again guys. Take care.
    Mark
    sf_skyfox

Male

Post by sf_skyfox on 27/07/10, 04:42 am

Right one step at a time. Have you made plans to visit Nanning in the near future? Those that make promises on cutting down the time, are for a lack of a better word are twisting the truth. You can't rush immigration and once they have your paperwork you just have to wait. The only part they cut down is they insure your paperwork is right before it is sent in, because every time something is wrong they will send it back asking for the additional information. So, when you resubmit you are at the back of the line again. The paperwork is not that hard to fill out, never leave any blanks, if it does not apply put N/A or none. Actually an agency will ask you the same questions that are on the form. When you hire an agent, you fill out their form and then they put the information into the INS form. I did use a agent this time, but it was because I was overseas working and wanted someone that could correspond with the government if need be. That was about a $1k wasted, but on the upside my fiancée, now wife and daughter arrived at the time we were planning.

Post by Guest on 27/07/10, 08:06 am

Hi Mark.

Just like to contribute to the excellent information you already receive, I cannot empathise strong enough you have to prove your relationship this is extremely important for any application for your future wife visa.

Remember every immigration official sees the same application you really want your`s to stand out, what really important is relationship immigration officials are there to protect its citizens for not been used by some foreign to obtain a visa into America and this is where a majority visas fail because you not put enough work in proving your relationship.

You say you've been talking to your young lady for three years but can you prove this, this can be proved by all your e-mails instant messages and telephone calls, so keep all your communications so you can prove when relationship started and how the relationship developed to its present day.

When you go to China you have a visa and airline tickets you're also have hotel receipts keep all, your receipts for meals what you have together or with her family and friends if you go to any tourist attraction keep all even keep your receipts when you park your bicycle,photographs can also proved relationship but make sure there with her family and friends inside their houses just two together outside the town hall is no good.

If you return back to China to marry your young lady keep all these receipts as well the more the better.

I remember one member many years ago he was refused a visa he couldn't understand it when I looked at his documents for the visa he quite clearly proved he been to China three times, what he didn't prove he met the same lady three times, so don't take anything for granted because immigration officials will not

Chris Seaborn
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1507
    Where I live : Wonthaggi, Victoria, Australia.
    I have visited China : 4 times
    Registration date : 2007-08-02

Post by Chris Seaborn on 27/07/10, 01:18 pm

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum. In Australia obtaining a fiancee visa is much faster than a spouse visa, once she arrives you have to be married within a time frame. You then have to apply for a spouse visa. Means you pay another fee! This may not worry you or even be pertinent to your regulations, but something for you to check up on. I sent a DVD containing over 700 photos with my wife's application, can't have too many and it saved saved on postage, 700 photos weigh a ton! For a bit of devilment really I also sent all my taxi receipts...millions LOL, I wonder if they bothered to sort them.? But as Robert has said...save everything send everything.
    Cheers, Chris

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 13/12/18, 09:07 am