greg

Male
    Number of posts : 4
    Where I live : Australia/ thailand
    I have visited China : Not been yet
    Registration date : 2010-08-16

Re: Marriage in Nanning. (Greg).

Post by greg on 16/08/10, 01:04 pm

Hi everyone My name is Greg and I'm a newbie, who would like to ask you if anyone has any information with regards to my getting married to my Chinese girlfriend in China, who lives in Beihai, Guangxi Provence.
    My problem is: I'm an Austrlian born citizen who was married in Thailand under Thai law only (not australian) and who has just recieved an official and authentic Thai divorce certificate, however am not sure as to what to do next in the sense of who to see or what paperwork I need and from which countries authorities, in order to present to the Chinese marriage registration bureau in Nanning.
    I am due to leave from Thailand to China next week so any help with this matter would be very much welcomed and appreciated.
    yours sincerly Greg

Post by Guest on 16/08/10, 03:55 pm

Hi Greg.

Welcome to the Forum.

If you're leaving next week to marry in China I don't think it be possible to have the paperwork prepared for your marriage.

A foreigner getting married in China needs a Certificate of No Impediment this as to be legalise by the Australian government and legalise at your local Chinese Embassy, has your Australian citizen but as I understand your living in Thailand at the present time which will complicate the process.

Your certificate as be prepared by Notary Public you will see the full details and the documents required on are website at http://www.nanningandchinainfo.co.uk/marriage/before.html

I would strongly advise you to contact the Australian embassy in Thailand to see if they will legalised the document prepared by Notary Public in Thailand if the answer is yes you you'll need to have it legalise by the Chinese Embassy in Thailand.

The Australian embassy or consulate in China may be prepared to legalise your Certificate of No Impediment but first contact the embassy by e-mail.

But you will definitely need Certificate of No Impediment before you can get married in China there is no short cuts

Your Thai divorce certificate will be recognised as a legal document in China but you may have to get your divorce documents legalised as well. I'm sure you Thai marriage will be recognised in Australia as legal binding contract so will your divorce certificate.

But really you have to make contact with the Australian Embassy in Thailand and China to clarify their position about legalised your certificate prepared by Notary Public in Thailand.

Your Certificate of No Impediment as to prepared and legalised in English then you have to have it translated into Chinese which is cheaper to have this done in China.

handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Post by handyal on 16/08/10, 06:55 pm

Hi Greg, and welcome to the forum.

In my honest opinion you don't have time to prepair any documents in Thailand. As Robert stated you will need a 'Certificate of No Impediment', and your divorce documents which you have. We would usually recommend allowing at least one month to prepair marriage documents.

I am assuming you had to prepair documents for your Thai marriage, which you may have completed in Australia ?

I am also assuming that you will be residing in China for some time after your marriage.

You will have to apply for your CNI and legalisation through the Australian Consulate in Guangzhou, or perhaps even the Australian Embassy in Beijing. They will be able to take your sworn oath to produce a CNI which they will then legalise, and then have this legalised by the Chinese authorities.

Your divorce documents may or may not need legalising, the Consulate will advise you.

Your CNI and Divorce documents will need translating into Chinese and again the Consulate will be able to offer this service.
    This process could take 6 weeks. It is a legal requirement in China to give 21 days notice of your intention to marry, so the Consulate will not release your completed documents until this time has lapsed.

We have a dedicated page for marriage in China for an Australian citizen, but in your circumstances it may not be much help but will give you a guide to what you need. http://nanninginfosite.editboard.com/summary-marriage-visas-after-your-wife-arrives-f13/australian-information-marriage-to-a-chinese-citizen-t1915.htm

There is also information about marriage in China on the Australian Embassy website in Beijing.
    http://www.china.embassy.gov.au/bjng/consular.html
    I strongly recommend you read all of these links on that page.
    Marriage

• General Information on Marriage in China
    • Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage
    • CNI Application Form
    • FAQs Marriage

Notarial Services

• Notarial Services
    • Statutory Declaration Form

Embassy of Australia , Beijing

21 Dongzhimenwai Dajie
    Beijing 100600
    People's Republic of China

Tel: (010) 5140 4111
    Fax: (010) 5140 4292
    E-mail: embassy.beijing@dfat.gov.au

Australian Consulate-General, Guangzhou

12/F, Development Centre, No. 3 Linjiang Road, Zhujiang New City,
    Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510623

Tel: (020) 3814 0111
    Fax: (020) 3814 0112

I would recommend you first e-mail the Embassy in Beijing to explain your circumstances and what is required. The Consulate in Guangzhou, which is in Guangxi province, and nearer to Beihai should be able to offer the same services.

Post by Guest on 17/08/10, 09:47 am

Hi Greg.

Found this site for you about Notary Public in Thailand if you look at the bottom left-hand corner of the website they do Marriage certificates & confirmation of single statu which is what you want it's all in English charges for Notary Public Service staring from 1,500 Baht

Website at http://bangkoknotary.com/

Hope this helps

greg

Male

Post by greg on 17/08/10, 11:16 am

Thanks very much for your help Robert and Handyal.

I will follow up on your advice and let you know how things go.

Personally it sounds pretty much what I suspected as marriage legalities in Thailand are very similiar for a foreigner, and as you say it looks as if it will take longer than first thought of.

Once again thanks and I look forward to replying back when I have everything sorted out, or before even, if there happens to be something else that I'm not sure on.
    Chris Seaborn
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1507
    Where I live : Wonthaggi, Victoria, Australia.
    I have visited China : 4 times
    Registration date : 2007-08-02

Post by Chris Seaborn on 17/08/10, 12:45 pm

Hi Greg welcome to the forum, your questions have all been answered pretty well Greg, but seems you have to to do some pretty fast footwork. Good luck. Keep in touch.

Cheers,
    Chris.

greg

Male

Post by greg on 17/08/10, 01:45 pm

Thanks guys once again for the replys.

I will keep in touch.
    Beijing2008
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 932
    Where I live : Hoofddorp ,The Netherlands
    I have visited China : 5 times
    Registration date : 2010-08-26

Post by Beijing2008 on 26/08/10, 01:10 pm

Greg , I see you never have been to China,just a question; how often did you meet your Chinese girlfriend?? Did you meet her in Thailand?

I've read more stories about men who only had email/web/msn contact with a Chinese girl ot woman, and in reality the circumstance were different from the info he received.
    I'm a newbe from The Netherlands, I have been 3 times in China before I married in 2006, and in May we have been to Nanning again, for a month , to show our son , who is nearly 4 now.And we went to Beijing with a Chinese travelcompany , all Chinese people,lol
    Chris Seaborn
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1507
    Where I live : Wonthaggi, Victoria, Australia.
    I have visited China : 4 times
    Registration date : 2007-08-02

Post by Chris Seaborn on 26/08/10, 09:55 pm

Welcome Beijing, good to see your post passing on experiences, discussion of topics will help everyone. Keep up the good work.
    Chris
    Beijing2008
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 932
    Where I live : Hoofddorp ,The Netherlands
    I have visited China : 5 times
    Registration date : 2010-08-26

Post by Beijing2008 on 27/08/10, 01:32 pm

Chris Seaborn wrote:Welcome Beijing, good to see your post passing on experiences, discussion of topics will help everyone. Keep up the good work.
    Chris
    Thx Chris, great family you have!
    http://cid-6fc744c43c5be439.photos.live.com/summary.aspx?sa=414066842
    My Nanning stay this year. cheers
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Post by handyal on 27/08/10, 03:53 pm

Hi Beijing,
    Welcome to our forum. Feel free to join in any of the discussions, amongst the many topics.

greg

Male

Post by greg on 31/08/10, 03:42 am

Hi Beijing 2008,

Yes we did meet on the internet.I'm in China now and are with my future wife.Everything is going fine.We have decided to get married later after I've visted China a few times.Have found out what needs to be done regarding what documents we need etc.She lives in Bei hai so when we are ready we will have to register our marriage with the Beihai marriage office.In the meantime I'm in no hurry to get married,however the information everyone has helped me with has now put my mind at ease with respect as to what we need to do to get married.

Thankyou everyone for your replies and help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/12/18, 03:24 am