paulnottingham

Male
    Number of posts : 77
    Where I live : Nottingham England
    I have visited China : 1 time
    Registration date : 2010-12-15

help with marriage in naning please

Post by paulnottingham on 15/12/10, 11:21 pm

Hi My fiance is living in the UK (I am an english citizen she a chinese citizen with 8 months left on her student visa)

we plan to get married in her home city of nanning to be close to her family in February

I am trying to make sure I have all the correct paperwork and I have to say thank you to those who contributed to this website as its the best resourse I have found.

However I am very nrevous about mis understanding something and doing the wrong thing so I hope somebody could clarify something for me please.

in the very helpful checklist it says
    "2. CNI (Certificate of No Impediment) legalised by the FCO and the Chinese Embassy in the UK. On arrival in China this document must be translated into Chinese before presentation.
    (The wording of the CNI is critical. Please see our website page
    http://www.nanningandchinainfo.co.uk/marriage/before.html ).

Now I have an appointment with the registry office in the UK on mondy and after 21 days they will be able to issue my CNI

does this need to include the fill wording:

I John Smith of 6 China Road Doncaster Yorkshire (post code)

DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE as follows:-

1. I am John Smith (male).
    2. My date of birth is xxxxxxxx.
    3. My place of birth is Doncaster.
    4. My nationality is British.
    5. My passport number is xxxxxxxx
    6. My occupation is Policeman.
    7. I currently reside at 6 China Road Doncaster Yorkshire (post code)

I am single never married. and therefore free to marry.

I have no direct blood tie or kinship within 3 generations of; (your future wife name) Xxxx xxxx xxxx

-------------------------------------

also does it have to include the date and location of the wedding (the regisrty office suggested that normaly they did)????

-------------------------------------------------------

is that the correct wording for the NCI if so do I ALSO need to get a statement draughted norarized by a soliciter as well - or is the CNI sufficient?

---------------------------------------------------------

If the cni is sufficient do I need to get a notarized copy as well?
    ----------------------------------------------------------

I then have to get the documents legalized by the fco (should any notarization (if needed) take place before or after this process.

Finally I need to get the focument once legalized by the fco legalized by the chinese embasy - do i need just one copy of this or two copies (ie do i then need to get a notarized copy of the twice legalized cni)
    -------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing

I thought that i just had to get 1 copy of the cni from the registry office - get that 1 copt legalized by the fco and then get that one copy legalized by the chinese embasy but with all this talk of soliciters and notaries i am confused.

also the registry office did say that normally location and time is needed but I guess thats down to each country so perhaps it is not needed in china?

in short... HEEEEEEELP please im so confused and want to make sure i do the right thing

so basically once I have by CNI (which will be the 10th of January)do i need to also get a seperate statement

and how many copies / do they need to be notarised etc?

any advice much appreciated

(oh also as my fiance is in the UK with me does she need to register intent to get married or get an equivalent of a CNI in china - if so how does she do this and how long does it take?)

regards

Paul

Re: help with marriage in naning please

Post by Guest on 15/12/10, 11:50 pm

Hi Paul.

Warm welcome to the Forum.

First thing is to calm down don't panic it may seem complicated but believe me is straight forward.

The wording on the website you can copied it on an A4 piece of paper with your own details but the registrar may reject it, it's actually perfectly legal is a copy of my own CNI which I used some years ago.

The registrar will have his own version telling you that your copy is no good, standard practice to get more money out of you.

The most important part and demand the registrar put in is

I am single never married. and therefore free to marry.

I have no direct blood tie or kinship within 3 generations of; (your future wife name) Xxxx xxxx xxxx

When the registrar has completed your CNI it has to be legalise at the

The Legalisation Office:
    Norfolk House (West)
    437 Silbury Boulevard
    Milton Keynes
    MK9 2AH
    Tel: 01908 295 111
    Fax: 01908 295 122

Your Registrar may offer to send the document to The Legalisation Office for you take full advantage if he does or take the document yourself.

Then taking the same document to the Chinese embassy in London or the Consulate in Manchester to be legalised by the Chinese authority this is not same-day service you have to return yourself or do it by courier.

We recommend to get a translation of your CNI when you're in China it will be much cheaper.

When your document has been legalised by the UK and Chinese authorities your mission is completed.

There is no copies just take the original only one document to be legalised which your registrar will supply

Remember when you go to the Registrar take your passport proof of address and possibly birth certificate driver's licence etc etc

Your wife document in China she have a similar CNI your best bet is to ask her mother

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions doesn't matter how trivial we understand you're panicking lol

paulnottingham

Male

Post by paulnottingham on 16/12/10, 12:03 am

thank you so much for your quick responce

and mingming (my fiance) should be able to get her cni whilst she is out of the country? or will she need to go back to do this or will her mother be able to get us this document? - does it have to be done through a particular bearau or agency or can a solicitor write up her statement?

also just a thought but when i apply for my visa to visit china do i put tourism or do i tick the other section and say to get married?

many thanks again for your help

handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Post by handyal on 16/12/10, 12:05 am

Hi Paul, and welcome to the forum.

You may find this link more explanatory and clearer to understand.
    http://nanninginfosite.editboard.com/summary-marriage-visas-after-your-wife-arrives-f13/uk-information-marriage-to-a-chinese-citizen-t1896.htm

To marry in China you must obtain a Certificate of No Impediment.

There are two methods by which you can obtain this document.
    1. Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
    2. Notary.

If you are single, never married then obtain it from the Registrar's office.

If you have been married before, divorced, or widowed then you must obtain it from a Notary.
    If divorced or widowed the wording of your CNI is important.
    If never married then the standard form issued by the Registrars office is sufficient. (It doesn't have to contain all the details of divorce, widowhood etc.)

If youv'e never married then proceed with your plan through the Registrar.
    Once you have the CNI it must be legalised by the FCO and the Chinese Embassy/Consulate.
    The Chinese Embassy do not accept postal applications, you must attend in person OR there are companies in London who will get your document legalised by the FCO and the CE within a matter of days and return them by post.

Once in Nanning you must get your CNI translated into Chinese by an authorised translation service.

Read the information on the link first, then repost for further information.
    Please confirm your marital status so we can guide you correctly.

Post by Guest on 16/12/10, 12:11 am

Hi Paul.

I just made a mistake the Registrar as a standard document which cannot be altered it would be perfectly OK I was thinking of the Notary which can vary, so no need to worry just carry on

On your visa application you can put on marriage

I don't think you're wife can complete her Documentation outside China asked Mother she knows best
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 16/12/10, 12:14 am

Hi Paul,
    I presume mingming is single, never married ?
    She should prepare her CNI in Nanning through a Notary or check with the Dept of Civil Affairs (Marriage Office).
    Details of Nanning marriage bureau are on the previous link I gave you.

You should apply for a Visa as a tourist !
    Once married you can apply as Visiting family.
    (there isn't any section for marriage unless you tick 'Other' and write marriage).

There is a full list of all the documents you both need on the same link.

Last edited by handyal on 16/12/10, 07:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    davidmckendrick
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 2192
    Where I live : Livingston Scotland
    I have visited China : 2 times
    Registration date : 2007-05-12

Post by davidmckendrick on 16/12/10, 04:52 am

I got the CNI from the Registrar. (You have to wait 21 days after applying for the CNI but it is only valid for 6 months so get married within this time). I had to give them the address in Nanning of my bride to be. The intended date of the marriage is only needed to make sure it is within the validity of the CNI.
    Then I had it Legalised by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London (This is now done in Milton Keynes). Then I took it and a photocopy to the Chinese Consulate where I got them to legalise it again. I think they kept the photocopy and gave me back the double legalised CNI to take to China.
    The Marriage Bureau in Nanning will probably be closed for the first week in February because the Chinese New Year celebrations start on February 3rd 2011. All Chinese try to be with their family on Chinese New Year so there is a long public holiday around the 3rd.

Best of luck,
    David
    Chris Seaborn
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1507
    Where I live : Wonthaggi, Victoria, Australia.
    I have visited China : 4 times
    Registration date : 2007-08-02

Post by Chris Seaborn on 16/12/10, 12:32 pm

Hi Paul and a big welcome from me too, Robert, how can he calm down? He's getting married to a wonderful Chinese lady. It's quite Ok to get excited mate LOL.

One thing , regarding translations of your documents, it might be advisable to have them translated in the city that you're getting married in. When Ying and I were preparing for our marriage in Guilin we were staying in Nanning so I had my documents translated in Nanning to save time, wrong move, when we traveled to Guilin to be married we were told they were not acceptable and to have them translated again in Guilin...the reason? Because the work was done in another city, and even though it was through a government approved translator it could not be trusted as correct! So, we had to rush off to have them translated again..while we waited...and at a premium cost.

Cheers,
    Chris.

paulnottingham

Male

Post by paulnottingham on 16/12/10, 06:52 pm

thanks for all your replys guys - most helpful

yes mingming is single and bever married - and likewise for myself.

Although we are looking at february we were planning on arriving around the 12th so hopefully things should be open then.

What address should mingming put on her cni?
    her current residence in the UK or her family house in China (I guess the later as it matches the hokou?)

Does anybody know how long the CNI process takes in China? (for example can Mingming do it within a day or 2 such as draughting a statement and having that approved (notary?) or is there a formal process like my 21 day wait in the UK - we tried to contact the registry office but due to the time difference were not able to do so today and it of course now the weekend so any info we can get prior to monday would be much appreciated.

I think from my point of view I am now clear about the process I need to follow - just need to clarify the CNI procedure for her. (and many thanks to you all for explaining things clearly to me

is there any guide available as to the process after the marriage to ensure it is registered correctly and recognised in the UK? - I believe I have to go to the embasy to lodge copies of the documents with them and I presume I can go to the most local embasy?

Finally I appreciate all the help and if anybody fancies a drink or a bite to eat one evening when we are over I will be happy to oblige.

p.s. as we will be staying and gettig married in nanning I will get the translations done there
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 16/12/10, 07:37 pm

Hi Paul,
    After receiving your CNI from the Registrar I suggest you use China Visa Direct to get your CNI legalised by the FCO and the Chinese Embassy in London, otherwise you will have to make 2 personal trips to the CE London or the Chinese Consulate, Manchester. Expensive and time consuming. Let the agents do it. Takes about 10 days.

One of the ex pats can give you the address of good authorised translators in Nanning. 'American Translators' are highly recommended.

Take your legalised CNI, and Chinese translation,
    passport, 3 x photos (together head and shoulders) and the fee (peanuts).

Good news ! Your girlfriend only needs her Hukou and her ID card. Nothing more.
    Use her family address. Her Hukou has the information inside that she is single, never married.

Marriage in China is legally recognised in the UK, and so are your marriage books. (They are in Chinese and English)
    An english type marrige certificate can be obtained from the marriage office but you must ask for this as an extra and collect it a few days later.
    I don't know why you would wat to register your marriage at the British Embassy. They keep your original and you can only accquire copies in the UK. ( More red tape and expense - why?). Keep your documents yourself. Not one member has had any difficulty in the UK with the Chinese marriage books.
    Photocopies are accepted by banks, insurance company's, etc.

You should start to read the Information on the UK links for Visas and after your wife arrives, next.
    http://nanninginfosite.editboard.com/f13-summary-marriage-visas-after-your-wife-arrives

If you think marriage in China is confusing wait till you apply for her Settlement Visa. bounce

A forewarning: She can only apply for Settlement in the UK from China. When her student visa expires, she will have to return to China and apply from there (Guangzhou).
    There is a lot you need to know about Visa applications and the time to ask is now, not when your ready to apply.
    ( I'd start to ask now in the Visa section!)

This is the easy part, it's the next two years at least that are fun! Laughing

Take photocopies of all/any documents for any office you deal with in China. I recommend you take photocopies for your own file. Everything comes in useful at a later date, keep everything for future use.

Last edited by handyal on 16/12/10, 07:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

paulnottingham

Male

Post by paulnottingham on 16/12/10, 07:46 pm

the imigration office said we can transfer the status of her visa to a spouse visa when she is in the uk?

she can go back on her student visa which has about 8 months left on it and when we get back we can apply to change the status - provided the current visa has 6 months left to run - or was I told incorect information?

If a person is applying within the UK for leave to remain on the basis of marriage, at the time of the application the person must have leave to remain in the UK on a visa category that was initially issued for a period of more than six months.

Switching into a spouse while in the UK (in-country applications)

You may switch in-country to become a spouse of a British citizen or someone setteled in the UK. You may need to have see Certificate of Approval (COA, see below) before switching into a spouse. It is important that you provide the Home Office with all the relevant documents that show your relationship is subsisting and that you intend to live together permanently.

Certificate of Approval (COA)

If you are planning to marry someone in the UK who is not settled in the UK then you may need to apply to the Home Office for a Certificate of Approval. You can only apply for this certificate if the person who is not settled entered the UK with more than 6 Months leave or was later granted more than 6 months leave to enter or remain and they have 3 months or more remaining. Please note that the recent case low allows people on any visa or even without a visa to apply for COA, although certain point must be met.

(also the COA has been declared illegal by the EU and should be off the books by february as well)

I pretty confident for the visas in uk as she has been here for around 7 years on her student visas so should fulfill the requirements quite easily I hope - and of course we will keep many documents to show we are together - bills - mortgage statements etc

I thought the embassy only kept a copy on file i didnt know they took the original as well...

is it not still worth taking that to the embasy to have it legalised before coming back to the uk?

Beijing2008
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 932
    Where I live : Hoofddorp ,The Netherlands
    I have visited China : 5 times
    Registration date : 2010-08-26

Post by Beijing2008 on 16/12/10, 09:12 pm

HI Paul welcome to the forum, and to the 'wanna be maried group'.
    I think you're right with your remark about changing the study visa into settlement with spouse.It is an EC Directive solution.About 3 month before expiration of the study visa, she can apply for the 'make-over'.

You could consider to let the translation to Chinese be done by the Notary Office in Nanning, since they also do the other way around.So you can off load you papers at one office.First E-CN for the marriage, after marriage the other way round. Probably cheaper than in UK.
    You could have translated 2 marriage certificate, for legalisation, the embassy takes one [ why the original, at Dutch embassy the original is legalised, after MFA legalisation and NO legalisation/translation, and you take the original to NL], you have one.
    The translated marriage deed, legalised by NO, MFA and British Consulate you need for registration of your marriage in England.

Be sure your girlfriend/wife=to= be to have a birthcertificate from PSB or Ministry/Department of Health, translated and legalised same mentioned route,than she already has it if she wants to naturalise to British. You're busy with the translations and legalisations anyhow,and at some point you'll need it.
    If she has chinese drivers licence, let her take it. also translated, if it can be swopped in the UK into British DL, I don't know.
    For a drivers licence you also need a BC.You're busy anyhow , one more translation/legalisation doesn't matter than.
    Good Luck the 2 of U.
    davidmckendrick
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by davidmckendrick on 16/12/10, 09:20 pm

Your Marriage books issued when you get married in Nanning are legal documents in the UK. They do not need to be legalised anywhere but after you are back in the UK you can have your marriage "noted" in the UK Marriage Registers by taking your marriage book to your local Registrars. I don't know anyone who has bothered to do this as it is totally unneccessary. I don't think anyone on the forum has tried to change from a student visa to a spouse visa in the UK but let us know how you get on.
    Once she has the UK (Spouse) Settlement visa she can apply almost immediately for "Indefinite Leave to Remain" (ILR) as she will have already lived in the UK for more than two years. She will have to prove she can speak reasonable English first.
    As Handyal said there is nothing simple about UK visas. If your wife ever decides to apply for UK Citizenship the application form is 17 pages and the explanatory leaflet is 44 pages long!!!!

Your wife can drive in the UK on a Chinese driving license for one year then she needs to sit the UK Driving test.
    Best of luck,
    David

Post by Guest on 16/12/10, 09:30 pm

Your Chinese wedding certificate or book satisfy all the bureaucrats in this country there's no real need to obtain a British wedding certificate as Alan has said it's a complete waste of time,your marriage status is recognised by the British Government and the courts

Your driving licence cannot be converted into a British driving licence. Chinese citizen with a Chinese driving licence can only drive in United Kingdom for 12 months then you must take the British driving Test.

You can legally transferred your Chinese driving licence into a Hong Kong driving licence then you can change it into a British driver licence without taking the British driving test.

I would strongly advise you to keep as much evidence of your wedding as possible including receipts for hotels restaurants etc wedding photographs showing your wife's family and as much proof as possible that you been living together in United Kingdom for as long as you can this can be achieved by your council tax receipts utility bills etc.

This is to prove to the Border Agency that your wife or yourself is not entering into a bogus marriage for the sake of a visa as you will realise lately in UK there's be many convictions in British courts people entering into bogus marriages, so the the Border Agency will need more proof is not a marriage of convenience then just filling in the official forms,

paulnottingham

Male

Post by paulnottingham on 16/12/10, 09:42 pm

Thanks guys

All very useful advice and I am feeling a lot more assured and confident than when I registered on here.

handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 17/12/10, 12:18 am

paulnottingham wrote:the imigration office said we can transfer the status of her visa to a spouse visa when she is in the uk?

she can go back on her student visa which has about 8 months left on it and when we get back we can apply to change the status - provided the current visa has 6 months left to run - or was I told incorect information?

Paul,
    Given the circumstances you have just explained, your girlfriend, then wife can indeed switch her Visa category from within the UK.
    As a husband, wife, or civil partner:
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/partners/husbandswivescivilpartners/

If you are already in the UK

If you entered the UK in a different immigration category (for example, as a student), you may be allowed to switch into the category of husband, wife or civil partner if we have given you a total of more than six months' permission to live here since your most recent admission to the UK. This permission must have been given in accordance with the Immigration Rules, not 'exceptionally' (outside the Immigration Rules). For example, if we gave you permission to enter for three months and then permission to remain for five months, you have been given a total of eight months - which means you can apply to switch into the category of husband, wife or civil partner.
    (The minimum of more than six months does not apply to you if we gave you permission to enter as a fiance(e) or proposed civil partner, or as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-sex partner of a Tier 1 Migrant, and you are still with the same husband, wife or partner.)
    To switch into this category and be given permission to remain in the UK as a husband, wife or civil partner, you must also meet all of the following requirements:

• you are married to or the civil partner of a person who is present and settled in the UK;
    • you and your husband, wife or civil partner will both be at least 21 years old (or 18 years old if either of you is a serving member of HM Forces) on the date when we would give you permission to remain;
    • you have met your husband, wife or civil partner;
    • you have not remained in the UK in breach of the immigration laws;
    • your marriage or civil partnership did not take place after a decision was made to deport or remove you from the UK;
    • you and your husband, wife or civil partner intend to live together permanently as husband and wife or as civil partners, and the marriage or civil partnership is existing and genuine (not a 'marriage of convenience', for example);
    • there will be adequate accommodation for both of you and any dependants without the need for public funds, and at least part of that accommodation (for example, a bedroom) is for your and your partner's sole use; and
    • both of you will be able to maintain yourselves and any dependants adequately without needing public funds.

To find out how to apply for permission to remain, see the Applying from inside the UK page.
    If your application is successful, we will give you permission to live and work here for two years. This is called your probationary period. At the end of the two years, you may be able to apply for permission to settle permanently in the UK (known as 'indefinite leave to remain') as the settled person's husband, wife or civil partner.
    Please note that, in most circumstances, you cannot marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK unless:

• you been given entry clearance expressly for the purpose of letting you marry or register a civil partnership in the UK; or
    • you have a certificate of approval to marry or register a civil partnership in the UK.

You can find out more about entry clearance and certificates of approval in the section on Marriage and civil partnership.

I suggest you read all the links to be clear and make sure you can meet all the requirements.
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 17/12/10, 12:33 am

Beijing2008 wrote:You could consider to let the translation to Chinese be done by the Notary Office in Nanning, since they also do the other way around.So you can off load you papers at one office.First E-CN for the marriage, after marriage the other way round. Probably cheaper than in UK.

What on earth are you talking about Ton.
    A Notary takes sworn statements and oaths.
    A translator translates languages.

They have absolutely no need to go to a Notary in Nanning. She only requires her Hukou and ID card for marriage.
    luckysteve
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 563
    Where I live : Ashton - Under - Lyne
    I have visited China : 7 times
    Registration date : 2010-08-16

Hi Paul and Mingming

Post by luckysteve on 17/12/10, 04:29 pm

Hi Paul and Mingming a very warm welcome to the Forum.
    I am sorry I have only just seen your post but the Lads all seem to have everything under control.
    There is a lot of experience and help here and providing you do as advised you will not go far wrong.
    Me and my Lao Po have recently got married and applied for our Visa but we were lucky because we applied before the new law came in on 29/11/10 but things have now changed.
    I was very lucky when I found this forum much like you really , and because of the excellent help and advice I received we were able to do every thing properly.
    Because I was ill advised before I joined this forum I actually had both my C.N.I which I had copied from my now Brother in law which was two years old and out of date. Some of the important information was missing from it so please take heed and listen to the experts < that is not me by the way >.
    I had also went into the local Town Hall and gave them all the details of the up coming Marriage of myself and future wife and paid them about 33 .00 pounds I think for my C.N.I. (old memory no good) Laughing . I just had to collect it just over three weeks later. The C.N.I. off the Registrar at the local Town Hall was useless for me because I had been married before, like I said I was ill advised before.
    You will not go far wrong listening to the experts here!
    We would both like to wish yous a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. santa
    Good luck with the Wedding all the Best for your future Happiness together.

Steve and Li Li Very Happy Smile
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

paulnottingham

Male

Post by paulnottingham on 19/12/10, 12:03 pm

ok so I have my appointment with the registrar on Monday and have printed ot the details that it says the notary statement needs to say and the registrar has agreed to put these on my CNI - so that should cober all the bases I hope!

After applying for my CNI I am sending off for the Chinese Tourist Visa so should have both of these ready by January the 10th at which point I have the day off work to collect my CNI and deliver the documents to a firm who will then take them to fco and chinese embasy on my behalf and get them both legalized using the express services

so in theory by the miss le of january I should have all the documents I need here.

Would it be worth my while getting the documents translated here - or is it better to do that in nanning (im just thinking of saving time if I can get it done here)

Also is it correct that mingming does not need a cni provided it states single on the hokou (which it does).

I can see a glimmer of light at the end of what has been a very confusing tunnel - so thanks for pointing me in the right direction...
    davidmckendrick
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by davidmckendrick on 19/12/10, 01:08 pm

Do not get any documents translated in UK. Get them done in Nanning. They normally get done overnight but you can get a faster service if you pay more. It would be cheaper in Nanning and the Nanning authorities would accept a translation done there with their red stamps which they would not have in UK. Perhaps other members can give you the address of translators they used in Nanning?

David
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 19/12/10, 01:19 pm

Hi Paul,
    The CNI issued by the Registrar office is usually a set form. Because you are single, never married it doesn't need any further information adding. It basically states just that. The registrar office is an official government department
    Registrars have access to records, they can check you have never married.
    Notaries cannot check births, death, marriage records. They rely on your sworn statement. If you had been married, widowed before then you must get your CNI prepared through a Notary because of the details of divorce/ death certificates which must be included.

Once you have your Visa and CNI (legalised by the FCO and the CE) you are ready for marriage in China except for the translation of your CNI and 3 x photographs.
    This MUST be translated in Nanning. The civil affairs bureau in Nanning will not accept translations prepaired in any other Country or region other than Nanning,Guangxi.
    Your CNI should be translated at either:
    The Government Foriegn Affairs Office. 14 Minzhu Lu, Nanning. Guangxi.
    or
    American Translation Company. 3rd floor, Xianglong Building, 31 Yuanhu Rd, Nanning. Guangxi. Tel 0771 2268002 / 13152663819 Fax 0771 2262039

Your translation will be stamped with their authentification, proof of qualified and genuine translation.

A typical translation should cost between 100 - 120RMB (10 - 12).
    Photocopies can be done at the marriage office (1 RMB per copy).
    dafu
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male
    Number of posts : 341
    Where I live : Nagykanizsa, Hungary and Nanning
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by dafu on 20/12/10, 12:16 am

A Canadian friend recently married his lady in Nanning. He used a Chinese notary/lawyer in Toronto to prepare his CNI which was written in Chinese and English. It was then stamped by the Canadian equivalent of the FCO and taken to the Chinese embassy for verification. He had no problem at the Nanning civil affairs bureau.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 23/10/18, 10:39 pm