paulnottingham

Male
    Number of posts : 77
    Where I live : Nottingham England
    I have visited China : 1 time
    Registration date : 2010-12-15

Re: help with marriage in naning please

Post by paulnottingham on 02/02/11, 10:37 pm

thank you all so much for your help so far...

we are off to china next week and still aiming for 14th feb as the date.

if anybody is down the secret bar place I may see you there on saturday as im sure i will be trying to catch the football

all the best

paul
    Chris Seaborn
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1507
    Where I live : Wonthaggi, Victoria, Australia.
    I have visited China : 4 times
    Registration date : 2007-08-02

Post by Chris Seaborn on 03/02/11, 09:08 pm

Good luck Paul.
    Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Chris.

paulnottingham

Male

Post by paulnottingham on 14/02/11, 05:18 am

So far so good...

got translations and photos and are now married and have the marriage books.

took these to foreign affairs and should have their translated version back this afternoon.

however they said that we should probably get a notarised version as well that they can stamp - and I have herad this mentioned by the UKBA "help"line.

However the notary office take 2 weeks to do the notarisation.

Can anybody conform if I do infact need this or not?

The FLRM states a "reliable translation" which people on here have suggested woiuld be fine to just use the foreign affairs one (though they themselves suggest otherwise)...

Can anybody clarify this for me?

Alternativley would we be better off also getting a copy from a translation company?

Or is their a public notary anybody could siggest who may be able (for a fee) to produce the documentation in less than two weeks?

thans for all the help so far - wouldnt have got this far without it but would appreciate any thoughts / guidence regarding this (hopefully) final point.

Regards

Paul
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Post by handyal on 14/02/11, 06:53 am

The translated version should have the stamp of the foreign office on it and also state it is an approved translation.

Notorised versions cannot be questioned and it's probably a good idea to have this done anyway. We had her Birth Certificate, Marriage Books and Hukou all notorised within a few days.

In China there is always the standard price and service. However there is also the express service for an extra fee. Anything is possible in China - for a fee! Explain you need them within a few days and ask for the price again.
    In the UK we would say this amounts to offering a bribe to a corrupted official. In China it is the norm.

paulnottingham

Male

Post by paulnottingham on 14/02/11, 08:49 am

thanks

Post by Guest on 14/02/11, 02:05 pm

Congratulations Paul on your marriage really great news.

I have not forgotten I am still working on your requests for diagrams and instructions for your wedding night which you asked me for on another thread I do enjoy my work but I easy forget what I did the night before. In the meantime I hope your be pleasing you're young lady with your guitar playing lol

lol!

paulnottingham

Male

Post by paulnottingham on 22/02/11, 12:22 pm

Thank you all so much for your help
    we had our FLRM interview yesterday and were granted 2 years leave to remain.

I dont think we would have managed this without all your help so many thanks from us both.

Here is a quick breakdown of how we did things

December 18th (I think) applied for CNI at registry office
    January 11th Got CNI and went to london using Chinese Visa Direct to undertake legalisation of CNI and my visa application
    February 9th (wed) flew to china
    february 10th (thurs)landed late pm in nanning + met the inlaws
    february 11th (fri) picked up translations (from star translations who translated cni from scanned email and after seeing origional we had this by 10am) then wend and got photos taken including nice family portrait - picked these up around 1pm after dinner.
    (we could have rushed to get married friday less than 24 hours after landing! but decided to wait till valentines day)
    Saturday & sunday - sightseeing and shopping plus spending tme t=with the family

February 14th (mon) got married and took marriage books to foreign affairs for translation which we got done the same day via a connection then went to the notary public office for a notarised translation and a nice meal with the family
    February 15th (tue)(10am) picked up notarised translation after the connection asked them to nicely speed things up spent the rest of the day relaxing
    February 16th (wed)shopping and sightseeing
    February 17th (thurs) packing and spent lantern day with the inlaws
    February 18th (fri) flew back
    February 19th (sat) landed in the UK
    February 20th (sun) put together folder for FLRM interview
    February 21st (mon) had flrm interview in sheffield - gave them the folder - they asked no questions as they said the folder was very organised and comprahensive and by 1pm we has the 2 years leave to remain.

Im super happy

Once again many thanks to you all for your help!
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Post by handyal on 22/02/11, 06:12 pm

That's great news Paul, you must both be over the moon !

We give moral support and advise, you still have to do all the hardwork - well done.

One question Paul, what evidence did you supply for proof of her English Language ability for the FLR Visa ?

paulnottingham

Male

Post by paulnottingham on 22/02/11, 07:38 pm

handyal wrote:That's great news Paul, you must both be over the moon !

We give moral support and advise, you still have to do all the hardwork - well done.

One question Paul, what evidence did you supply for proof of her English Language ability for the FLR Visa ?

mingming went to birmingham and sat an ielts exam on 22nd January... we got the certificate through on february 7th

she had sat the same exam to gain entry as a tier 4 student hiwever that certificate was not dated within the last year which i believe for the flrm for it has to be hence she re-did the exam.

and yes we are over the moon
    Chris Seaborn
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1507
    Where I live : Wonthaggi, Victoria, Australia.
    Registration date : 2007-08-02

Post by Chris Seaborn on 22/02/11, 09:05 pm

Hi Paul,
    Well done! Congratulations to you and Ming for a job well done. What a trip! All you have to do now is enjoy your life together. You stirred a memory from me regarding your experience, and I quote..

'February 21st (mon) had flrm interview in sheffield - gave them the folder - they asked no questions as they said the folder was very organised and comprahensive and by 1pm we has the 2 years leave to remain.'

The point that stood out was,"the folder was very well organised".
    I remember spending quite a bit of time sorting out Yings visa application making sure documents were where they were required, and was actually thanked by the case officer for making things easy to check, rather than just bundling all the documents together.

Once again, well done.

Chris, Ying and Ting.
    luckysteve
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 563
    Where I live : Ashton - Under - Lyne
    I have visited China : 7 times
    Registration date : 2010-08-16

Post by luckysteve on 23/02/11, 07:48 am

Hi Paul and Ming, Congratulations to you both cheers .
    We would both like to wish you all the Luck in the world for a long and Happy Life together and may all your troubles be little ones.
    Looking back at your first post everything has gone to plan from start to finish well done.

All the very Best Steve and Li Li Very Happy Smile .
    davidmckendrick
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 2192
    Where I live : Livingston Scotland
    I have visited China : 2 times
    Registration date : 2007-05-12

Post by davidmckendrick on 23/02/11, 03:42 pm

Hi Paul And Ming,
    It looks like you followed the help and advice given on this forum which has led to a happy outcome for you both.
    No doubt you will now be able to tell others from personal experience that things are not as complicated as they first appear.
    Congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy future together.

David & Mei
    wanneroo
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 679
    Where I live : Perth Australia
    Registration date : 2009-12-13

Post by wanneroo on 25/02/11, 04:16 am

Iam now back in Perth after 4 months with Mary here and in Nanningfor 4 weeks during the Chinese New year We have all the visa documentation now sent in and received by smsto the Austalian consulate so we know its there, Living back here after marrying Mary and alone again is not very good, but we make the decision to meet a Chinese partner, we have await the Australian governments decision, We are apart which sucks I could have stayed on but the waiting time has to be coped withwhatever time it takes We chat on Skype each evening to remain sane I know there have been many guys on this forum who have gone through this scene
    I also thank Graham (mad gee) and May for spending valued time with Mary and I, It was so good to have them show me around and have happy moments together dining out etc Pity we couldnt meet up with Nigel or Bob they have busy shedules so not to worry we had a good time
    Missing Mary is the worst thing, I have to move out of my rented villa, the owner wants to move in due to some personal difficulties, I was sent a vacate notice on the 28th Jan I was in China I got my mail on the 23rd Feb which gives me thirty days to re locate however I have got an extension to April 25th that is all I needed being away in China I was going to extend my visit still thats life we are fit and healthy just a new beginning and thats what it is its crazy hot here 36C every day after 10C in Nanning no sign of cooling down I would rather be cooler in Nanning Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 23/10/18, 10:37 pm