Where I live : Nottingham England
    I have visited China : 1 time
    Registration date : 2010-12-15

Re: help with marriage in naning please

Post by paulnottingham on 20/12/10, 08:34 pm

Dieselrat wrote:
    handyal wrote:
    Dieselrat wrote:I swear here and now I am not Married..that'll do

Your Hukou must be registered in the province in which you marry.
    You must know that Kent.

I'm talking about Paul ..he doesn't have a Hukou and doesnt need one..his girlfriend has one..Easy Peasy..all Paul need is a sworn statement he is SINGLE

If his girlfriend has Hukou here in Nanning they for sure can get married here

I thought you could only do the sworn statement if you had been divorsed or widdowed and had to get the cni from a registrar if you are single...

does anybody know if i can go in ans see the registrar again and cha ge the address I gave for mingming... explaining it needs to show the chinese address?

paulnottingham

Male
    Number of posts : 77

Post by paulnottingham on 20/12/10, 08:35 pm

paulnottingham wrote:
    Dieselrat wrote:
    handyal wrote:
    Dieselrat wrote:I swear here and now I am not Married..that'll do

Your Hukou must be registered in the province in which you marry.
    You must know that Kent.

I'm talking about Paul ..he doesn't have a Hukou and doesnt need one..his girlfriend has one..Easy Peasy..all Paul need is a sworn statement he is SINGLE

If his girlfriend has Hukou here in Nanning they for sure can get married here

I thought you could only do the sworn statement if you had been divorsed or widdowed and had to get the cni from a registrar if you are single...

does anybody know if i can go in ans see the registrar again and change the address I gave for mingming... explaining it needs to show the chinese address?

handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Post by handyal on 20/12/10, 09:09 pm

[quote="paulnottinghamI thought you could only do the sworn statement if you had been divorsed or widdowed and had to get the cni from a registrar if you are single...

does anybody know if i can go in ans see the registrar again and cha ge the address I gave for mingming... explaining it needs to show the chinese address?

[/quote]

You can only use a registrar if you are single never married.

You can use a Notary if single, never married, divorced or widowed.

The registrars certificate has columns of information and they cannot include details of divorce, ex nationality of spouse etc.
    A Notary can include any information that may be required. It is a more flexible document.

Call the registrar in the morning. Explain the situation. Hopefully they do not complete the details on the certificate untill the end of the 21 day waiting period. They are also at fault if they did not ask where you were getting married. If you said 'China', then they should have corrected you and asked for her Chinese address.

Their ignorance isn't an excuse and it shouldn't cost you to make the changes.

If it's to late and change isn't possible, a CNI through a notary is a possible solution. No 21 day waiting for your CNI, it should be completed within 30 minutes. Then send it off for legalisation.

The 21 day waiting period is to comply with the marriage laws of the PRC.
    When completed through a Notary, the date on the CNI becomes the date of notification of the intended marriage.
    By the time the document is legalised and then taken to China, provided 21 days has lapsed since the date on the CNI then you have fullfilled the 21 day waiting period.
    davidmckendrick
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 2192
    Where I live : Livingston Scotland
    I have visited China : 2 times
    Registration date : 2007-05-12

Post by davidmckendrick on 20/12/10, 10:14 pm

When I got my CNI from the registrar in UK they made a slight mistake with my fiancee's address in Nanning but were quite happy to issue a new CNI with the correct address. I can't remember if I had to pay twice though!!!
    If you did try to get a CNI from the British Consulate in Guangzhou you would have to wait 21 days the same as you do in the UK.

paulnottingham

Male

Post by paulnottingham on 20/12/10, 11:47 pm

did you have to wait another 21 days from making the amendment?
    davidmckendrick
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by davidmckendrick on 21/12/10, 12:16 am

No. I went to pick it up and noticed the address was wrong so they changed it there and then and printed off the new one with the correct address.
    nigelld7
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male
    Number of posts : 304
    Where I live : Nanning
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2009-03-13

Post by nigelld7 on 21/12/10, 01:45 am

handyal wrote:
    paulnottingham wrote:
    handyal wrote:
    paulnottingham wrote:can i just clarify my cni is being produced by the registry office... will this be ok?

also the address as I questioned before is that sufficient to fulfill requirements in china?

Hi Paul.
    Your CNI produced through the registrar should bear your girlfriends name and address as it appears on her Hukou.
    Just check her Hukou is up-to-date ?

Get it translated in Nanning at one of the offices we recommended.
    Get 3 x Photos, head and shoulders, together, red background 4.5cm x 3.5cm.

Take your CNI, the translation, 3 photo's, her ID card and Hukou to the Civil Affairs office and enjoy your marriage !
    (Photocopies can be taken their. 1 RMB a copy). Take 2 photocopies of each, 1 for your own file.

P.S. I sent you a PM yesterday ?

oh s++t it has her uk address on it not her chinese one... is this a problem?... i suspect it is right?

Now that is a problem!
    I can't understand why she has changed her address in her Hukou? A single girl would usually have her family address in her Hukou?
    Do her family still reside in Nanning?
    The Hukou must have a Nanning address to be accepted at the Nanning Civil Affairs office.

One option is to change it back to her family address in Nanning but that could take a few days to make the changes.

Hi Folks,

I too am confused with some of the things that have been posted.

The Hukou book is both a Family and House registration document that requires a Chinese citizen to be registered in. If it contains any other address which is not in China, how would it contain the official red stamp that is given when any details are updated? I am aware that students are given their own Hukou by the Chinese University they enter, but I was not aware that U.K. Universities are doing the same! In the case with Paul, his fiance may well have added her current U.K. address, but has it got an official red stamp over the entry? This could be a saving grace if it has not, because in my opinion, all she needs to do, is to enter her families Nanning address, take supporting documents of her family to the local police station and it will be updated with a red stamp after 15 'Chinese' minutes at a cost of 5rmb. As has been said in many posts over the years, anything that costs money in China is delayed until it is required to be paid. Wink

With regard to the issuing of a CNI, whilst one being issued by the Registrar's Office in the U.K. is cheaper than having it done through a Notary Public, the drawback is that the Registrar requires the name and address of BOTH participants to the marriage, the Notary Public document only requires the name and address of the holder. This is something to be considered by those who leave their country of origin to marry in China only to discover the one they were coming to meet is not the one for them!

For U.K. citizens who arrive without a CNI, then one can be obtained at the British Consulate that is responsible for the province in which they wish to marry. For Nanning, Guangxi this is Guangzhou.
    There is a 21 day wait whilst the notice is published in the book held by the Consulate in case there are any objections. The Consulate then send out the CNI and translation by recorded delivery to the Chinese address. Chinese postal services are indifferent and so it may arrive a few days after the 21 days have expired!

In essence I agree with Alan [Handyal], Kent {Dieselrat] and Dafu, the advice given is correct and based on their experiences. All three and others will agree, there are many exceptions to the rules and so to reiterate, it is opinion and advice that members give and may not be the same as the official who is dealing with your documents!

Merry Xmas to all

Nigel.

handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 21/12/10, 08:04 am

Hi Nigel,
    Paul corrected and confirmed that his fiancee's Hukou did in fact have her Chinese address, as you would expect.
    However he gave her English address for his CNI.

I don't believe their are acceptions to the rules.
    One must first comply with the regulations for marriage in China and secondly produce a CNI that is clear, precise, and contains all of the information they are looking for.

In the last 4 years I have heard of people being refused marriage and usually an official is blamed for their opinion.
    Through this forum, members who have taken our advice and followed our draft CNI have never been refused.
    That suggests that non members haven't prepaired correctly, nothing to do with the upinion of an official.
    We had one exception, a member was refused, why, because his notary changed his draft CNI and made an important ommission so he was refused.

The precise wording of the CNI is paramount, as the Civil Affairs office confirmed in Nanning earlier this year.

Our draft CNI on this forum has been tested and proved over the last two years. It contains information required to meet the national requirements and surpasses the requirements that Nanning and Guangxi ask for.

paulnottingham

Male

Post by paulnottingham on 21/12/10, 11:56 am

they will let me change the address

though I am considering getting a notary version as well... though its a few hundred pounds more its back up and peace of mind...

Now one think I am having trouble finding out is when the civil affaris marriage place is open over chinese new year...

I would like to at least catch a few days around Chinese New year so we now have the choice of going before or after... this will largley be dictated by the opening hours... for example will it be shut the week before... after or both (or neither?) mingming phoned them but they told her they dont know what dates they will be open yet... and we need to book flights soonish...

finally with regards to the translations and photos:
    1.Is it realistic to get this done in two working days when we arrive in nanning?...
    2.Do we have to get the marriage certificate legalised (like i did with my cni)
    3.Do we need to get the certificate translated into english after we have it - if so should this happen before or after the legalisation process (if this is required)
    davidmckendrick
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by davidmckendrick on 21/12/10, 12:37 pm

1. I arrived in NanNing on Friday night at 11pm. We got the photos and translations on Saturday and Sunday and got married on Monday morning.
    2. Your Marriage books are a legal document. They do not need to be legalised again for any reason whatsoever.
    3. The marriage books are in Chinese and English but you can get a separate copy in English if you like. When you get the copy you do not need to have it legalised.
    Your marriage in China is recognised throughout the world just as a marriage in UK would be recognised elsewhere.
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 21/12/10, 04:09 pm

paulnottingham wrote:they will let me change the address
    Good thats all you need to do

though I am considering getting a notary version as well... though its a few hundred pounds more its back up and peace of mind...
    Not required and a total waste of time and money in your situation. The UK Registrars is a government department. Once you have your certificate notorised by FCO and CE it is valid for marriage in China.

Now one think I am having trouble finding out is when the civil affaris marriage place is open over chinese new year...
    So is everbody else. The Chinese close and open at wim during holiday times. You can probably gaurantee closer from 2nd - 6th.

I would like to at least catch a few days around Chinese New year so we now have the choice of going before or after... this will largley be dictated by the opening hours... for example will it be shut the week before... after or both (or neither?) mingming phoned them but they told her they dont know what dates they will be open yet... and we need to book flights soonish...

finally with regards to the translations and photos:
    1.Is it realistic to get this done in two working days when we arrive in nanning?...
    Translations normally only take 24 hours, but during holiday periods a backlog can develop.
    2.Do we have to get the marriage certificate legalised (like i did with my cni)
    No, a marriage certificate/book is a legal document accepted in China and the UK.
    3.Do we need to get the certificate translated into english after we have it - if so should this happen before or after the legalisation process (if this is required)
    You can ask the marriage office (Civil Affairs Dept) for an English certificate. It takes a couple of days to produce and a small fee.
    It does not need legalising.

Paul you are panicking. Once you have followed the procedure you'll wonder what the fuss was about.

In the UK you will receive your CNI from the registrar. This must then be legalised by FCO and CE in the UK.

Take this CNI, it's Chinese translation, your passport and 3 x photos (4.5 x 3.5cms), plus mingmings ID card, Hukou and passport to the marriage registry office in Nanning. Don't forget mingming in the confusion affraid
    If you haven't already taken photocopies you can take them there.

There is no formal ceremony. The registrar will check all the documents, print two red books, affix the photo's and hand you one book each. That's it - your married. cheers Takes 20 minutes, while you sit down, no balloons or streamers.

You are not the first single person we have taken through the marriage process, most of us are happy at home with our Chinese wives whether in China, the UK, or elsewhere. We've already been there, done it and got the t-shirt.
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 21/12/10, 04:22 pm

Kent, you have questioned the requirements for marriage so I'll explain what the Civil Affairs office in Nanning and the Chinese Embassy in the UK have confirmed, and what I know, which has proved successful without problems for other members of this forum.

Firstly lets look at the requirments as laid down by the Chinese Embassy.
    http://www.chinese-embassy.org.uk/eng/lsyw/gzhfl/lg/t624435.htm

Marriage Status
    2009/11/03

media_detail("")

. Overseas Chinese citizens get married in UK

The Chinese government encourages overseas Chinese citizens to register their marriages in the country in which they live.

Marriage certificates can be used in China after accomplishing the Steps of Legalization.

. British citizen who has never been married applies for legalization of documents in order to get married in China

1) One properly filled-in and duly signed application form for legalization.

2) A Single Status Certificate obtained in the last 3 months from Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages and authenticated by the FCO and its duplicate.

3) Proof of identity with photo (such as valid passport) and its duplicate.

. British citizen divorced/widowed in UK applies for legalization of documents in order to get married in China

1) One properly filled-in and duly signed application form for legalization.

2) A Single Status Certificate obtained in the last 3 months from Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages and authenticated by the FCO and its duplicate.

3) The Decree issued by the Court of UK and authenticated in the last 3 months by FCO and its duplicate. The divorced in UK whose former spouse is a Chinese citizen shall apply to a competent court in China to have the Decree recognized after the legalization by this Embassy. The divorced from a non-Chinese citizen shall provide a certificate in relation to the nationality of the former spouse and the duplicate copy.

4) The Death Certificate authenticated by FCO in relation to the deceased spouse and the duplicate copy alternatively.

5) Proof of identity with photo (such as valid passport) and its duplicate.

. Information on getting married in China

A non-Chinese wishing to go to China to marry a Chinese citizen should be acknowledged that the legal marriage age in China is 22 and above for male, 20 and above for female according to the Chinese law, and bigamy is illegal.

Before going to China, the following documents should be prepared:

1) To make Statutory Declaration either in front of a registered solicitor or to a Notary Public including Name, Gender, Date and Place of birth, Nationality, Passport or ID card number, Occupation, Address and Marital status (never married, divorced or widowed).

2) To have the Declaration authenticated by the Legalization Office of Foreign and Commonwealth Office of U.K. and legalized finally by this Embassy. The documents are valid for 6 months since the date of legalization.

After entering China with the above said documents and a valid Chinese Visa, the to-be-married should go together with his/her fiance/fianc, submit in person their marriage application to the Marriage Registration Office of the local government above county level where the Chinese fiance / fianc resides and, have their health checked by a designated hospital. The marriage can be registered only after the application is ratified, and the Marriage Certificate is issued upon registration.

handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 21/12/10, 05:39 pm

This guidance seems to confuse many. It is produced in it's entirity to cover all conditions of marriage in various provinces, and to cover the individual marital circumstances of individuals, and their nationality.

The secret is to nitpick what does and doesn't apply to you then produce your CNI and documentation accordingly.
    The national requirements for a man who has previously been married is to produce;

• his proof of divorce, or a death certificate.
    • proof of nationality of former spouse.
    • if previously married to a Chinese citizen and divorced in the UK, the legalised decree authenticated by a Chinese court.
    • health certificate issued by a designated hospital.
    • CNI legalised by the FCO and Chinese Embassy.
    • Passport.

There are different options and methods each one of us can choose to meet the requirements, we just try to simplify it.

For a single man, never married the cheapest and easiest option is to apply to the Registrar of Births, Marriages and Deaths.
    He has no divorce/death certificates to produce.
    The registrars produce a certificate rather like a birth certificate with columns of required information. Although in appearance it looks nothing like a Notaries certificate.
    Some differences are as follows;
    1. A registrar will not issue the certificate until a waiting period of 21 days has lapsed from the notification of marriage.
    2. It asks for the address of the fiancee, unlike the CNI produced by a Notary.
    3. It has no columns for added information such as details of divorce, death, nationality of ex spouse.

The Registrars office is a recognised Government Department and can check previous records of Birth, Death, Marriage, it is therefore the ideal place for a single, never married man to obtain his CNI. He has nothing to prove other than he is single and has never married. The certificate confirms this through record checks.

For a man who has been previously married he must produce additonal documents as proof of marital status.
    He can obtain a certificate from the Registrar of Births, Deaths, Marriage but additional information cannot be included.
    He would therefore have to get all of his other documents legalised and take them to China. This is rather costly and time consuming.

His other option is to have a CNI drawn up by a Notary, to whom you must make a sworn statement and proof of marital status.
    These details then become part of your CNI and in theory no further documents will be requested in China.

According to the UK Registrar it is impossible to prove the nationality of your ex spouse through documentation. It can only be sworn as to her ex nationality - interesting!

In Guangxi they do not require the following documents as laid down in the national requirements for marriage in China.
    1. They do not require you to prove the nationality of your ex spouse (provided she wasn't Chinese).
    2. They do not require a Health Certificate.
    3. Divorce or Death certificates if they are detailed on your CNI.

Now lets look at an example of the draft CNI we recommend you adopt. It encompasses all of the conditions whether they are needed or not. They can be used in any province within China and we strongly recommend you get any divorce/death certificates legalised by the FCO and the CE as a precaution.
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 21/12/10, 07:00 pm

This is a typical example of a CNI for a man previously divorced.

It contains the sworn nationality of your ex wife.
    Full details of your decree absolute.
    The name of your fiancee and important to Chinese law, no blood ties within 3 generations.
    Of vital importance is to state that you have never married since the date of your divorce.

Affidavit of No Impediment

Be it known that I, (name of notary), a duly authorized notary public CERTIFY that there appeared before me at, (address where declaration is made) on (date: day month year format) Mr. (full name) residing at, (your home address) identified by his British Passport number (passport number) who, having been duly sworn by me, SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE as follows:

I am (full name) (male)
    My date of birth is (date: day month year format)
    My place of birth was (town or city, country)
    My Nationality is (nationality)
    My passport number is (passport number)
    I currently reside at (full home address inc. post code)
    I (am a retired xxxxxx), or (am employed as xxxxx at xxxxx), or (am self employed as xxxxxx).

I was divorced at (full name of court), on (date), reference number (number of divorce decree)

I am legally divorced, and have never remarried since this date. I am single and therefore free to marry.

My ex spouse (name) was a British citizen, born in (town or city of birth), (country).

I have no blood tie or kinship within 3 generations of (name of proposed new spouse).

DECLARED at (full address of place of declaration) on (date: day month year format)

(signature of notary public) (your signature)
    (print name) (print name)

Notary Public
    England and Wales

(Red Stamp of Notary Public and its number).
    dafu
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male
    Number of posts : 341
    Where I live : Nagykanizsa, Hungary and Nanning
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by dafu on 22/12/10, 07:40 am

handyal wrote:
    dafu wrote:A Canadian friend recently married his lady in Nanning. He used a Chinese notary/lawyer in Toronto to prepare his CNI which was written in Chinese and English. It was then stamped by the Canadian equivalent of the FCO and taken to the Chinese embassy for verification. He had no problem at the Nanning civil affairs bureau.

Your friend was very fortunate to find a Chinese Notary in Canada.
    A CNI written in Chinese and legalised by the FCO and the CE saves getting a translation of the CNI. However if the Chinese Civil Affairs office insisted that CNI's were written in Chinese, we would have a hell of a job finding a Chinese Notary to produce it in the UK.

The CNI itself once legalised is good to be accepted in any province of China, however it needs to be translated only so the marriage registrar can read whats on the English written document. If married in China why should we expect them to read English ?
    There are Chinese lawyers with notary abilities in the proximity of the Chinatowns of London, Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool. For example there is Stephen Yiu in London http://www.london-notary.co.uk/ He is in Covent Garden close to the intersection of Long Acre and Drury lane.

davext

Male
    Number of posts : 86
    Where I live : australia
    I have visited China : 8 times
    Registration date : 2010-04-12

Post by davext on 22/12/10, 02:06 pm

Hi folks after 64 replies i think the what( documents to get, to get married has been solved) Davext Smile
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 22/12/10, 04:42 pm

dafu wrote:
    handyal wrote:
    dafu wrote:A Canadian friend recently married his lady in Nanning. He used a Chinese notary/lawyer in Toronto to prepare his CNI which was written in Chinese and English. It was then stamped by the Canadian equivalent of the FCO and taken to the Chinese embassy for verification. He had no problem at the Nanning civil affairs bureau.

Your friend was very fortunate to find a Chinese Notary in Canada.
    A CNI written in Chinese and legalised by the FCO and the CE saves getting a translation of the CNI. However if the Chinese Civil Affairs office insisted that CNI's were written in Chinese, we would have a hell of a job finding a Chinese Notary to produce it in the UK.

The CNI itself once legalised is good to be accepted in any province of China, however it needs to be translated only so the marriage registrar can read whats on the English written document. If married in China why should we expect them to read English ?
    There are Chinese lawyers with notary abilities in the proximity of the Chinatowns of London, Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool. For example there is Stephen Yiu in London http://www.london-notary.co.uk/ He is in Covent Garden close to the intersection of Long Acre and Drury lane.

Hi DaFu,
    I could only find that one Chinese Notary you mentioned in the wholeUK. Their are other notaries who can produce the CNI in Chinese, obviously by paying a translation fee. This document would also have to be translated into English for the FCO !

Translation costs about 10 in Nanning, why pay UK fees.
    Chris Seaborn
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1507
    Where I live : Wonthaggi, Victoria, Australia.
    I have visited China : 4 times
    Registration date : 2007-08-02

Post by Chris Seaborn on 22/12/10, 08:44 pm

You're a clever man Dave, LOL. Just one more thing.LOL. Before you go to our Foreign Office for their 'stamp' of approval (more money) you have to have your copy documents sighted and signed by a solicitor that is on THEIR list, you can't use any solicitor. I had a very rushed time in Melbourne when the Foreign Office informed me of this, I just caught one nearby who was just nicking out for a cup of coffee, he, with grace, I might add, went back into his office and added his stamp to the many already on there and only charged me half! There are good ones!

Cheers,
    Chris.

davext

Male

Post by davext on 23/12/10, 04:21 am

HI folks , all this documentation talk reminds me of when i had 3 hrs to do it all (why because the chinese consulate closes at 12 noon here in Perth and they needed all the info to put there stamp on ) so i needed divorce paper from the court to pick up / doc to say was now not married / foreign office stamp/ then on to notary , to get noterised (turned out he was out that day ) then had to find another/ who when i went to his house was still in his pygamas , but was very helpfull so gave him 50 dollar tip Very Happy by the way i am still running a UK passport with permanant visa , so did not need all that 21 day stuff when arriving in China , the big day was a piece of cake only having to get the famous red background photos and pay 9Yuan Very Happy Davext

davext

Male

Post by davext on 23/12/10, 04:24 am

Oh by the way, Wife had all translation stuff done in Nanning while i was drinking coffee Very Happy Davext

paulnottingham

Male

Post by paulnottingham on 29/12/10, 12:52 pm

davext wrote:Oh by the way, Wife had all translation stuff done in Nanning while i was drinking coffee Very Happy Davext

is it possible to get the certificate translated and notarised at the same place / time?

if not where can i get a translation notarised?

davext

Male

Post by davext on 29/12/10, 10:41 pm

Hi again . i had all translations done in china on my documentation ( has to be recognised translator) not just anybody,and was much cheaper in China Very Happy Davext Oh ! and anything else that had to be noterised or translated or copied for wife was all done together
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 30/12/10, 04:42 am

paulnottingham wrote:is it possible to get the certificate translated and notarised at the same place / time?

It isn't possible to notorise a translation !
    You don't need either your marriage books or the translation notorising ! They will bear the stamp of the Marriage Bureau, Civil Affairs office, Nanning, Guangxi. They are original documents.

Definition of Notorisation.

There are two types of documents commonly referred to as "notarized", but which are completely different from one another. The first is a sworn statement, like an affidavit. The person signing is under oath that it is true under penalty of perjury. The notary countersigns with the satement "Sworn to and subscribed before me this __ day of ___. The other is an acknowledged document, like a deed or mortgage. Here the notary countersigns with a "acknowledgement". The exact form is usually spelled out in state statutes; however essentially it says that the person who signed it identified himself/herself to the notary and signed it in the notary's presence. It is not made under oath and is basically just a means of proving that the document was in fact signed by the person signing it.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_format_for_a_notarized_document#ixzz19Z7mI9iZ

Now as you don't sign your marriage books or the translation, it would be impossible to ask a notary to witness your signature when there is no signature in the first place !

Now a classic example of a notorised document would be for example if your fiancee had lost her birth certificate.
    Using other forms of ID such as her ID card and Hukou, she would make a sworn declaration in front of a notary along with her ID as proof she was born at xxxx on the date of xxxx.
    She would sign the document and the notary would also sign.
    The notary is confirming he has witnessed your signature to the document you sworn to him. It doesn't mean the document is correct.
    You can be prosecuted for perjury if you make false statements.

Paul, just who is filling your head with such -*/- ! The UKBA man, or a Chinese friend of your Fiancee ?

paulnottingham

Male

Post by paulnottingham on 30/12/10, 08:57 am

handyal wrote:
    paulnottingham wrote:is it possible to get the certificate translated and notarised at the same place / time?

It isn't possible to notorise a translation !
    You don't need either your marriage books or the translation notorising ! They will bear the stamp of the Marriage Bureau, Civil Affairs office, Nanning, Guangxi. They are original documents.

Definition of Notorisation.

There are two types of documents commonly referred to as "notarized", but which are completely different from one another. The first is a sworn statement, like an affidavit. The person signing is under oath that it is true under penalty of perjury. The notary countersigns with the satement "Sworn to and subscribed before me this __ day of ___. The other is an acknowledged document, like a deed or mortgage. Here the notary countersigns with a "acknowledgement". The exact form is usually spelled out in state statutes; however essentially it says that the person who signed it identified himself/herself to the notary and signed it in the notary's presence. It is not made under oath and is basically just a means of proving that the document was in fact signed by the person signing it.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_format_for_a_notarized_document#ixzz19Z7mI9iZ

Now as you don't sign your marriage books or the translation, it would be impossible to ask a notary to witness your signature when there is no signature in the first place !

Now a classic example of a notorised document would be for example if your fiancee had lost her birth certificate.
    Using other forms of ID such as her ID card and Hukou, she would make a sworn declaration in front of a notary along with her ID as proof she was born at xxxx on the date of xxxx.
    She would sign the document and the notary would also sign.
    The notary is confirming he has witnessed your signature to the document you sworn to him. It doesn't mean the document is correct.
    You can be prosecuted for perjury if you make false statements.

Paul, just who is filling your head with such -*/- ! The UKBA man, or a Chinese friend of your Fiancee ?

the rather ironically named ukba "help"line

paulnottingham

Male

Post by paulnottingham on 20/01/11, 12:31 pm

davext wrote:Hi again . i had all translations done in china on my documentation ( has to be recognised translator) not just anybody,and was much cheaper in China Very Happy Davext Oh ! and anything else that had to be noterised or translated or copied for wife was all done together

Hi who can do the translations as a "recognised translator"

The UKBA has told us that any chinese documents must be accompanied by a "reliable translation" but refuse poit blank to define what constitutes a "reliable" translation.

As an update I have my CNI legalised and have my Visa sorted.

Now just trying to sort out an english translation of our marriage certificate - where and how long and trying to find out what makes it a "reliable" translation - any help as always will be very much appreciated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 23/10/18, 10:43 pm