Male
    Number of posts : 2192
    Where I live : Livingston Scotland
    I have visited China : 2 times
    Registration date : 2007-05-12

Re: English Language Test

Post by davidmckendrick on 12/01/11, 02:32 am

Hi Eric,
    Any Chinese spouse of a UK Citizen is allowed to apply for a free Schengen visa if they apply directly in person at the foreign embassy of the country in Europe they will be visiting. However if you go through an agency or are not the spouse of a UK Citizen there is a charge levied for the visa.

However since we have a Scottish Parliament, a Welsh Parliament and a Parliament in Northern Ireland I think it is past time that there was an English Parliament where only English MPs vote. But at the moment this is a UK Parliament based in London and not an "English Parliament" as you erroneously stated.

As our Scottish Nationalist Party Government have stated this would be independance but this has been denied to the Scots since 1707.

Personally, I would allow the English to be included in a vote to see whether Scotland should be given full independance but this will never happen because there would be a massive majority to remove Scotland from the Union.

We seem to have strayed a little off topic..........

David
    Beijing2008
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 932
    Where I live : Hoofddorp ,The Netherlands
    I have visited China : 5 times
    Registration date : 2010-08-26

Post by Beijing2008 on 12/01/11, 03:58 pm

Hahaha, it looks like the Belgian attempts to form a government; Flemish against the Walish, Dutch speaking against French speaking citizen.Both have their own issues and want more independance.
    There are signs the Nationalist Flemish want to divide Belgium into a Flemish part and a French part.
    Dutch people already make jokes'they could apply for re-unification with The Netherlands'.
    In 1815 Belgium stopped being Southern Netherlands.So Re-unification in 2015 would/could be great.IF we want those Flemish-Fried Potato- eaters...
    I can understand the same feelings in Wales and Scotland.But they still are part of the UK.Wether they like it or not.
    And David, I apologise if I called you English. Embarassed
    Beijing2008
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by Beijing2008 on 12/01/11, 04:52 pm

ad Handyall;ad 4;it depends if the UK has the possibillity to get an allowance for specific Welfare payments, if the income is below Welfare level, to receive an allowance to Welfarelevel.THAT part is also for EC citizen ,except the first 3 months.The unbearable burden -story
    BUT;
    quote;If your family members are EEA nationals they will have the same rights as you to live and work in the UK. The information in this section applies to family members who are not EEA nationals (non-EEA family members).unquote.
    Rules in NL are different.National law only can be better than EC law, not worse.Only the amounts are different in almost each EEA/EC

ad 3;If you are a non-EEA national and you want to apply for permanent residence, you must complete application form EEA4. You can download the form from the right side of this page. For your application to be accepted, you must provide a valid identity card or passport, and evidence that you have a right to permanent residence. Section 6 of the EEA4 application form contains details of the supporting evidence that you must provide. If (for any reason) we do not have your passport when we decide to issue permanent residence, or if your passport expires while it is in our possession, we will issue you with an immigration status document instead of a permanent residence endorsement.==
    so the 10 yrs card has nothing to do with your formal status.
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Post by handyal on 13/01/11, 07:30 pm

Hi Ton,
    I think when reading the EEA rules you also have to view the regulations in line with the Border Control rules for the Country in which you intend to live. Many of the Bilateral agreements vary between Countries and the UK certainly opts out of many of these agreements.
    Most EEA nationals for example don't need a work permit to work in the UK, whilst other EEA members do. It depends on the individual agreements between the nations.

In relation to the points you raised:
    4. I'm fairly sure she has no right to claim any public funds.
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/rightsandresponsibilites/#header3
    Public funds
    You do not have to work while you are living in the UK. But if you do not work, you must be able to support yourself and your family in the UK without becoming an unreasonable burden on public funds.

That statement refers to the EEA citizen NOT the non EEA citizen. Rich would be able to claim certain benefits for a limited period but not his wife. Remember when filling in the form for his wife he has declared that he will support his wife so if he then claims benefits they may cancel the 'Family Permit'. Not a situation I would like to put to the test.

3. The problem with this type of Visa is that your non EEA wife is only allowed to stay in the UK as your partner, and not in her own right.
    http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf18eeaswissnationals
    Do my family members need a residence card?
    Your non-EEA family members can, if they want to, apply to the UK Border Agency for a residence card once they are in the UK. They do not have to do this - it simply confirms that they have the right to live with you in the UK because you have a right of residence.
    Non-EEA family members who have a valid residence card do not need to get an EEA family permit each time they enter the UK after travelling abroad.

A non EEA citizen must first apply for the 'Family Permit' to enter the UK. Once in the UK they can apply for a 'residency card' which is a little like a multi entry visa, it allows entry/exit to the UK without the need to apply for further 'Family Permits'.
    The 'residency card' simply confirms the non EEA citizen has the right to live with the EEA citizen because they have a right of residency. Note: The EEA citizen has the right of residency NOT the non EEA citizen.
    http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf18eeaswissnationals
    The 'residency card' is valid for 5 years after which a non EEA citizen can apply for an 'endoresement' which is only valid for 10 years. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/rightsandresponsibilites/#header3

This is not 'permanent residency' as in the same rights as a 'Settlement Visa'.
    On a 'Settlement Visa' the non EEA citizen can get permanent residency, known as ILR after just 2 years residency, with the right documents which include an accredited English Language test certificate (ESOL). In the event of death or divorce the non EEA citizen still has the right to remain in the UK in their own right.

A 'Family Permit' does not afford a non EEA citizen these same rights.

One last question for you Ton. Why didn't you bring your Chinese wife to Holland on a 'Family Permit'.
    Beijing2008
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by Beijing2008 on 13/01/11, 09:38 pm

To answer your last question;
    in 2006 there was no language test till March, I applied for a staying permit in February, because the 'EC route would take to much time, since my wife was pregnant.She came to NL
    July 4 2006.And the knowledge about the EC route was not like nowadays. Your other remarks I will answer tomorrow ok.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 23/10/18, 10:39 pm