Male
    Number of posts : 526
    Where I live : Weifang, Friendly Shandong
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2011-02-25

Hello, newbie Graham here

Post by Graham on 25/02/11, 03:25 pm

Hello all you very wise men. Very Happy

I have spent many months searching the 'tinternet for all the snippets of information, and low and behold, I find it all here under 1 virtual roof, so to speak.

Thanks every one for putting together a forum of good information, I have spent all afternoon, just reading, and reading.

I will tell more about me later in next post.

Thanks for reading,
    Graham
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Re: Hello, newbie Graham here

Post by handyal on 25/02/11, 10:20 pm

Hi Graham,

We have detailed pages of information about Marriage, Visas, and things to do after you come to the UK.
    http://nanninginfosite.editboard.com/f13-summary-marriage-visas-after-your-wife-arrives

Just to run through the procedure quickly.
    1. Once you have your decree Absolute you need to visit a Notary Public to get a CNI (Certificate of No Impediment).
    The wording and content of this document is very important for China so we recommend you draft your own copy from our template.
    Although China has national procedure for marriage many provinces have the right to include or exclude certain procedures as they see fit. Following our example CNI meets all and any requirements you may encounter.
    http://nanninginfosite.editboard.com/t1896-uk-information-marriage-to-a-chinese-citizen
    The Notary will need to see your passport, decree absolute, a utility bill, and you need the Chinese name of your partner.

2. Your CNI and your Decree Absolute will then have to be legalised by the FCO (Foreign and Commenwealth Office) and then legalised by the Chinese Embassy/ / Consulate.

3. On returning to China your CNI and Decree Absolute will have to be translated into Chinese, then your ready to be married.

There are a choice of different methods available to get your documents legalised by the FCO and the Chinese Embassy.
    1. Agents such as China Visa Direct will get both documents legalised in London and then return them to you.
    2. Your Notary may be able to get them legalised.
    3.As you reside not far from Manchester you may choose to have your Notary get them legalised at the FCO then have your documents legalised by the Chinese Consulate in Manchester. You can tie this trip in to also get your Chinese Visa from CVASC in Manchester at the same time.
    http://manchester.chineseconsulate.org/eng/visa/legal/
    http://www.visaforchina.org.uk/visaen/visaView.html?method=index

A lot has changed since you were last in the UK. The Chinese Embassy/Consulates have now appointed an agent CVASC for Visa applications. They no longer issue the Visas direct. Applications to CVASC can be made in person or by post.
    Applications for legalisation of documents must be made at a Chinese Embassy / Consulate.

rich.redw

Male
    Number of posts : 28
    Where I live : Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    I have visited China : 2 times
    Registration date : 2010-09-26

mariage

Post by rich.redw on 26/02/11, 01:22 am

Hi Graham, welcome to the forum....Just to add a little more info to what handyal wrote..
    I used a visa agent called 5star chinese visa in London they will arrange to get your chinese visa as well as your certified(CNI)legalised at the FCO. You can look on this website..all the information is there about what to do (5starchinesevisa.co.uk)You can also obtain a visa application form from a link on their website.The cost is 190 for both documents...
    Cheers..Rich. Cool
    Chris Seaborn
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1507
    Where I live : Wonthaggi, Victoria, Australia.
    I have visited China : 4 times
    Registration date : 2007-08-02

Post by Chris Seaborn on 26/02/11, 03:05 am

Aw! Knew you'd get all the info you needed Graham, so I've no need to add anything, but you'll have to place a photo on your 'Profile' site so we can tell you apart from the other Grays. Lol.

Cheers,
    Chris and Ying.

Graham
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male

Post by Graham on 26/02/11, 04:20 am

Hi Handyal,
    Hi Rich,
    Hi Chris,
    Very Happy

Thanks for the nice warm welcome, I feel almost 'at home' right away.
    Laughing

Any way, thanks for the information about my main reason for joining this forum, thats not to say I shall slip away after Fay and myself 'tie the knot' so to speak.

Handyal, I see your from A-u-L ? thats not to far from me,

Little bit more about me and Fay,

I am from Warrington, Liverpool originally.
    I spent many years in Cape Town, lived 2 years in Houston, lived 2 years in Oslo, 1 and half years in South Korea, and in and out of China, so many times, I need a second new jumbo passport.
    Very Happy
    I work in the Oil & Gas sector, building and commissioning offshore drilling rigs, and drill ships.
    If any one interested, I can post some pic's maybe?

Actually, it was when I was in Cape Town that I first married.
    It wasn't all smooth, and we recently decided divorce was the better than 12 and half years in jail.

The decree nisi came through 10 Feb, so not much longer to be free.

Fay is originally from Harbin, up in Heilongjiang, the 'Cold North' as I keep reminding her.
    Fay has Manchurian roots.
    Fay used to work as an 'in house' advertising (CS Photoshop) designer for a large sports complex / club, with attached golf driving range.
    Her flare for creativity makes for some very interesting advertising schemes for the club.
    Now, no time to work.Very Happy

I will get back to work some time, but no need for that just yet.

Graham

Graham
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male

Post by Graham on 26/02/11, 05:03 am

Chris Seaborn wrote:Aw! Knew you'd get all the info you needed Graham, so I've no need to add anything, but you'll have to place a photo on your 'Profile' site so we can tell you apart from the other Grays. Lol.

Cheers,
    Chris and Ying.
    Hi Chris,

I was looking how to put a photo, but just couldn't seem to find the right way to do it.

Help ?

'Graham
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 26/02/11, 01:38 pm

Graham,
    From the Homepage of the forum click on 'Profile' half way along the top line.

Then click on 'Avatar'

Click on 'browse' to select and upload a photo from your PC.

Once selected press 'save' at the bottom of the page.
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 26/02/11, 01:50 pm

Graham,

If Fay is originally from Harbin then that is where you will probably have to marry.

China has some strange regulations when it comes to marriage. They can only marry within the province of where their Hukou was issued, unless she has been able to change the address to her Hukou ?
    Check with your local office of 'Civil Affairs' before you start to plan anything. (Marriage Registry Office).

Going off topic to marriage, if you plan to apply for a Settlement Visa for the UK later, it is important that you save any proof of your relationship with Fay. E-mails, photo's, places of residence together etc, etc.
    She must also meet the new 'English Language requirements' before you make an application.
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2010/july/50-english-test-partners
    Also read how to meet the requirements here:
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsfragments/26-english-language-partners

Simply getting married does not in itself give her the right to enter the UK as your wife. You have to prove a genuine relation with the evidence to support it. There are those who have been refused even though married, because they couldn't provide suitable proof.

If you have any questions on this topic please open a new thread in the 'Visas to and from China' section. Thanks.

Graham
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male

Post by Graham on 26/02/11, 03:17 pm

handyal wrote:Graham,

If Fay is originally from Harbin then that is where you will probably have to marry.

Yes, we are certain we will marry in Harbin.

China has some strange regulations when it comes to marriage. They can only marry within the province of where their Hukou was issued, unless she has been able to change the address to her Hukou ?
    Check with your local office of 'Civil Affairs' before you start to plan anything. (Marriage Registry Office).

Going off topic to marriage, if you plan to apply for a Settlement Visa for the UK later, it is important that you save any proof of your relationship with Fay. [/quote]
    handyal wrote:E-mails
    , loads of emails, but there will be a lot of strike outs, as, well, say no more.
    handyal wrote:photo's,
    Thousands of photos together,
    handyal wrote:places of residence together
    yes, I even had the gas and electric bills put in her name, when she was in England.
    etc, etc.
    handyal wrote:
    Fay has great English, probably 80% as good as yours and mine, no problems about the English test, or the 'Englishness questions'

She must also meet the new 'English Language requirements' before you make an application.
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2010/july/50-english-test-partners
    Also read how to meet the requirements here:
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsfragments/26-english-language-partners

Simply getting married does not in itself give her the right to enter the UK as your wife. You have to prove a genuine relation with the evidence to support it. There are those who have been refused even though married, because they couldn't provide suitable proof.

If you have any questions on this topic please open a new thread in the 'Visas to and from China' section. Thanks.[/quote]

Next post will be in new thread 'Visas to and from China' section

Thanks to all,

Graham
    Beijing2008
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 932
    Where I live : Hoofddorp ,The Netherlands
    I have visited China : 5 times
    Registration date : 2010-08-26

Post by Beijing2008 on 26/02/11, 03:33 pm

Welcome Graham, could you PLEASE consider to change your name Sad
    To many Graham already. Btw , since you're in the drilling business, could you be stationed for a while in another EC country, It would save your gf a lot of study, and when you are there , she could come over with an entry visa.After being married, because many EC countries only allow married, or in some registered partnership, or steady realationship [NL and B].
    Good luck,
    Ton

Graham
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male

Post by Graham on 27/02/11, 06:45 am

Beijing2008 wrote:Welcome Graham, could you PLEASE consider to change your name Sad
    To many Graham already. Btw , since you're in the drilling business, could you be stationed for a while in another EC country, It would save your gf a lot of study, and when you are there , she could come over with an entry visa.After being married, because many EC countries only allow married, or in some registered partnership, or steady realationship [NL and B].
    Good luck,
    Ton
    Hi Tom,
    I am not 100% sure what you mean
    It would save your gf a lot of study, and when you are there , she could come over with an entry visa.After being married, because many EC countries only allow married, or in some registered partnership,

Can you explain again please.
    I do tend to move around a lot, but recently, have been trying to stay put, while I sort out some little problems in UK and South Africa, and get Fay and myself married and settled.
    However, work just keeps getting in the way at the moment.

Graham Weifang

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 23/10/18, 10:38 pm