daddykooljr

Male
    Number of posts : 9
    Where I live : Nanning Guangxi China
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2011-03-03

Marriage Document Question

Post by daddykooljr on 30/03/11, 11:08 am

Hi people,i am going to marry a Chinese woman in Nanning next month.I have had my local impediment certificate leagalized by FCO and the Chinese embassy.My wifes death certificate has been legalized only by FCO and not by the Chinese embassy.Anybody know if this will be ok with the marriage office in Nanning?

Last edited by MadGee on 30/03/11, 03:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post moved from: Best way from Hong Kong to Nanning)

daddykooljr

Male
    Number of posts : 9
    Where I live : Nanning Guangxi China
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2011-03-03

marriage in China

Post by daddykooljr on 30/03/11, 02:29 pm

Hi Madgee,thank you for your email.I am due to arrive in Nanning on April 7th.I have noted your phone no.and will give you a call sometime next week,if thats ok? Regards John.
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Re: Marriage Document Question

Post by handyal on 30/03/11, 03:55 pm

Hi John,

General requirements for marriage in China instruct you to legalise both your CNI and your divorce / death certificates.

However in Guangxi they relax the national requirements. Up to now they have not requested proof of divorce / death certificates provided all the correct details are entered on your CNI, the wording is also very important.

Did you follow our template for your CNI ? Just how is your CNI worded is the million dollar question !
    http://nanninginfosite.editboard.com/t1896-uk-information-marriage-to-a-chinese-citizen

Because regulations can change at a whim within China we recommend you go prepaired for the worst scenario.
    Documents not legalised by the Chinese Embassy will not be accepted.

Sponsored content

Re: Marriage Document Question

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/12/18, 03:43 am