Number of posts : 563
    Where I live : Ashton - Under - Lyne
    I have visited China : 7 times
    Registration date : 2010-08-16

Re: Fiancee Visa - A1 English Test requirement

Post by luckysteve on 30/11/11, 08:32 am

Hi Joe Smile .

A very warm welcome to the Forum.

You will find lot of help and advice off these very kind, caring and helpful members.

No matter how insignificant you might think it is Question

I can personally vouch for that Laughing .

Steve and Li Li Smile Very Happy .
    chengdu

Male
    Number of posts : 2
    Where I live : England
    I have visited China : 5 times
    Registration date : 2011-11-28

Post by chengdu on 30/11/11, 12:17 pm

hi guys and thank you for the feed back and thank you all for making me most welcome ,

after talking to my immigration lawyer the only modules my wife needs to take are in listening and speaking only( not writing and reading)REQUIREMENTS FOR MY WIFE TO APPLY FOR HER VISA TO JOIN ME IN ENGLAND that is the UKBA stipulation

so with that in mind I will have to do my home work and find the relevant places to learn these modules and take the test , seems many good schools around china but they come with a heavy price tag to and it covers all aspects of learning English
    anyway thank for the info so far I am happy with your feed back will keep you informed as to how I go on
    I look forward to any future info you my have
    with best wishes to all the guys and girls
    Joey and Sophia great forum Very Happy
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Post by handyal on 01/12/11, 07:13 pm

chengdu wrote:after talking to my immigration lawyer the only modules my wife needs to take are in listening and speaking only( not writing and reading)REQUIREMENTS FOR MY WIFE TO APPLY FOR HER VISA TO JOIN ME IN ENGLAND that is the UKBA stipulation

Wrong ! Do you pay this Immigration lawyer?

The only modules she needs to 'pass' are 'listening' and 'speaking' to meet the UKBA standard, but if she doesn't learn basic 'reading' and 'writing', then taking any language test would be impossible. She needs to take ALL the modules.

For example, as part of the listening test, she may be required to listen to a short pre recorded tape of fictional characters, say in a shop, buying a mobile phone.
    After listening she is given a written sheet with questions about the shopping scenerio and multiple choice answers, which she must make a selection from.

1. What was the name of the man? A. Tom. B. Harry. C. John. D. Peter.
    2. What kind of mobile did he look at? A. Nokia. B. Samsung. C. Apple. D. Blackberry.
    3. What colour was the phone? A. Red. B. Blue. C. Black. D. White.

Without reading skills she would immediately fail the listening part of the test as well.

IELTS and ESOL tests, reading, writing, listening and speaking, but the reading and writing scores can be ignored and do not affect the average score of listening and speaking.

We can advise you from experience, not just from the UKBA Immigration rules which any Tom, Dick or Harry can read. You can learn more freely from the experience of members of this forum than any printed rules.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20/10/18, 07:16 pm