Male
    Number of posts : 313
    Where I live : Australia
    I have visited China : 3 times
    Registration date : 2011-01-30

Married !

Post by slowheel on 18/05/11, 07:38 am

Hello friends all,

Got back from China on Sunday afternoon,had a wonderful three weeks,every thing went very well,
    Arrived in Chengdu on the Saturday, went to the marriage office with Alice on the Monday with my Single Cert,
    divorce certificate, and Affidavit of no Impediment, the lady at the the office was not interested in my Single Cert,
    she briefly look at my Divorce Cert but it was the Affidavit she was interested in, it was acceptable, So we could fill out the forms, have our photos taken together, and we were duly Married!

Spent the rest of that week in Changdu getting stuff sorted out for Alice for her Partner application, and having our wedding party which went very well,

Then for our Honeymoon went to Kunming, Lejiang, Dali, Beijing, Shanghai, in Shangai we went for our interview and to submit the application for Alice to come to Australia, it went well, Alice just has to get one or two things sorted out in the next week or so, then all we can do is wait,

I would just like to thank you all for your help, it made everything go smoothly in China, and the outcome was very good to say the least.

slow.

Chris Seaborn
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1507
    Where I live : Wonthaggi, Victoria, Australia.
    I have visited China : 4 times
    Registration date : 2007-08-02

Re: Married !

Post by Chris Seaborn on 18/05/11, 08:27 am

Congratulations Slow and to your wife Alice. All the very best for your future together.

Wow! You're moving fast! Alice could be in OZ before you know it. Fingers crossed.

Cheers,
    Chris and Ying.
    luckysteve
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 563
    Where I live : Ashton - Under - Lyne
    I have visited China : 7 times
    Registration date : 2010-08-16

Post by luckysteve on 18/05/11, 08:54 am

Hi Slow and Alice.
    Congratulations that is fantastic news cheers .
    We are both really pleased for you's.
    Now it is your turn to try and help people lol! .
    We wish you all the Luck in the world with your Visa Application to Australia.
    You have got Geoff and Mary who have just gone through it and of Course Chris to use Alan's words "our Gladiator".
    Plus many more Australian members who have been through what you are going through now.
    We wish you both a long and very Happy Life together and if our marriage is anything to go by a Fantastic one at that.
    Chris says "Treat your Wife right and with Respect and it will be returned ten times".
    I disagree more like a hundred lol! .
    You just need to be patient now and wait for the Visa to drop on the mat.
    Please give a Big Hug and kiss to your Lovely Lao Po from us both.

Steve and Li Li Very Happy Smile .

Graham
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 526
    Where I live : Weifang, Friendly Shandong
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2011-02-25

Post by Graham on 18/05/11, 10:26 am

Congratulations Slow and to your wife Alice. All the very best for your future together.

Well done to the pair of you.

Graham Weifang sunny

pjaustralia

Male
    Number of posts : 34
    Where I live : Australia (Ex Nanning)
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2010-08-25

Post by pjaustralia on 18/05/11, 11:05 am

Congratulations :-)
    Wish you both all the best~

Paul
    wanneroo
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 679
    Where I live : Perth Australia
    Registration date : 2009-12-13

Post by wanneroo on 18/05/11, 03:13 pm

Congratulations to you both on your wedding, I notice you have applied for a spouces visa, Mary and I have just received the 309 visa, Mary arrives in Perth next Monday on the 2 year temp. We were married whilst Mary was on a tourist visa here in Perth for three months last October, I presume Alice has had her medical etc, I spent a lot of time in preperation prior to applying through Guangzhou before our application was made,on Feb22 ,Mary was called to interview April 11th to Guangzhou I was back in Perth at that time We were granted the visa in two months. Mary is 60 and myself 68 I dont know if Alice is much younger than yourself? we are both senior people? It was good you applied together in person, its prefered that way, we did a mail application, I presume you had all the documentation showing your committment for each other,plus all the documentation that the Australian govenment require otherwise it will be a slow process, If I can be of any help please feel free to ask I have had the experience of dealing with the Australian immigration first hand, I wish you well with the application cheers Geoff and Mary, Perth Australia
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Post by handyal on 18/05/11, 06:03 pm

Great news and congratulations to both you and Alice.

First hurdle is over, now the run in for the Visa.

Geoff is certainly the man of the moment to advise about your Visa if you have any problems.
    As each member goes through the process you understand how important it is to remain an active member and inform others with your knowledge and experience. Some old hands here on the forum like Chris who has been a steady rock for those Australian members seeking advice.

Keep the good news rolling !
    slowheel
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male

Post by slowheel on 18/05/11, 08:07 pm

Thank's for all the congratulations from you all,
    I did all the necessary preparation for the application before I left Australia,
    I had everything i needed sorted, Alice had saved all our e-mail and skype chat records,
    we had loads of photos together, the interviewer seemed happy with all the stuff we presented along with the forms, Alice did not go for her medical before the application as was requested not to, she goes on Friday, also needs to get two things translated into English, I found the interviewer good as she talked to me, Alice was not so happy with some of the things she said to her, ( I think they just test her intentions )but it seemed to go well to me, she said it should take 6 months for the proses,

Alice will get the translation done along with the medical and send them of to Shanghai, then we will wait and see what happens.

slow
    Chris Seaborn
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by Chris Seaborn on 18/05/11, 10:12 pm

Hi Slow, I hope you haven't got the same Case Officer as we had in Shanghai, not a nice person at all. Although she may have mellowed by now! LOL. I'm sure it's been mentioned that all documentation to the Australian Consulate has to be in English, even when Alice arrives here Chinese documents have to be in English.

Have you kept a copy of all documentation? Bring this back to Australia with you or when Alice gets her visa, it just makes filling the 2nd stage documents easier.

After her medical, Alice will not have to send her results to Shanghai, this is done by the hospital, it's to prevent tampering I guess.

Slow, will you 'post' members the questions Alice was asked please? Not the answers of course, but if there were tricky ones or ones that could be upsetting for their wives, 'Forwarned is Forarmed' and could be of great help.

Cheers, waiting now is the hard part.
    Chris.
    slowheel
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male

Post by slowheel on 20/05/11, 11:18 am

Hi Chris,
    Yes I know the Doctors send the reports direct to Shanghai, Alice went today for her check up the Doctor said she was all good,

The case officers first name was Fay,

I am thinking the forms we filled out are for both the initial stage and the second stage process,

The only questions she asked apart from some personal discussion was why do you want to live abroad ? I know she made some comments to Alice that she was not really happy about. but she was ok with me apart from one thing she said that was a bit strange.
    sorry this is all a bit vague but I wont talk about it on line, as you can understand.

Cheers slow
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Post by handyal on 20/05/11, 04:29 pm

Perhaps sometimes they throw in a very personal or strange question to catch you off gaurd and watch your reaction ?
    slowheel
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male

Post by slowheel on 20/05/11, 09:04 pm

AL,
    yes this is what I told Alice, they to do this, to test your response,
    It was all fine by me, and I am really glad I went along rather than let my wife go it alone, as I say Fay was very polite and friendly to me, I only wish I could understand Chinese then I could have actually understood what she was saying to Alice,

I am sure you have all been through this, you ask your partner a ( to you ) simple question, and through the translation means get all sorts of strange answers,
    If there has been a long ( 10 minutes ) conversation it's imposable for a translation,
    you can only get the some bits of what was said.

slow
    wanneroo
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male

Post by wanneroo on 20/05/11, 09:07 pm

Mary had very good treatment at Guangzhou, she was given respect, she didnt get any loaded questions or any "$$$$" women like they appear to have at the Shanghai office
    I have $$$$ fat Women in the local pension office here, I was treated like a,second class citizen for drawing my pension, which I have worked 50 years for, this is an entitled payment not a wefare handout they need to keep this in mind when dealing with the likes of me, I reported this fat $$$$ who gave me a deal of attitude last time I went in, I demand respect from a publis servant, they are lucky to have employment, Women in positions of control are conditioned to give men a hard time it appears, mind I guess I have,a bad attitude to Western Women in general thats the way Iam these days
    wanneroo
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male

Post by wanneroo on 20/05/11, 09:21 pm

Hi slow whereare you located in Australia ? Chris in Victoria, myself in Western Australia, Bob Chean is in Nanning a member of the forum but from Canberra, we have a lot of English guys all good men, with good advice, Iam English, been here along time,I have had the operation,the Australian component is be looked after by Chris who has assisted myself so many times he is a good friend, he is an expert vegetable grower also, Iam here to assist if required
    slowheel
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male

Post by slowheel on 20/05/11, 10:08 pm

Hi Wanneroo,
    I am in NSW Northern Table Lands, I am from Lancashire been here over 20 years now,
    I appreciate all you guys here, have been very helpful to me,hope I can give something back in the future,

slow

wanneroo
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male

Post by wanneroo on 21/05/11, 02:01 am

Hello Slow Iam from Bolton near Manchester born and bred there came here in 1974 on contract was to return to the UK but decided to stay on Very Happy
    Chris Seaborn
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by Chris Seaborn on 21/05/11, 02:30 am

Hi Slow, unless things have altered in the past few weeks you wont have filled in any forms for Alice's 2nd Stage visa, this stage is about how things are progressing with your married relationship over the past 18 months or so after living in Australia. This cannot be assessed until she's actually lived here. These forms are sent automatically when the time for review has been reached. If you are sure this has happened please let me know.

Our Case Officer was a Kelly Chen affraid we also had dealings with Fay Wang, who was very nice and helpful, if she is your Case Officer you should be fine.

Cheers,
    Chris.
    slowheel
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male

Post by slowheel on 21/05/11, 05:58 am

Chris,
    I filled out the Partner Sponsor form 40sp,
    Alice filled out the Application for migration to Australia. form 47sp, subclass 309 and 100, this is I believe for the two stages of the immigration process,

Thanks for the positive feed back on Fay Wang, I found her good, but as I said Alice was not happy with some of the assertions she made to her, I assured her she is just doing her job,and told her not to worry, we will be together for Christmas rendeer

slow
    Chris Seaborn
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by Chris Seaborn on 21/05/11, 07:11 am

Hi Slow, I see where you're coming from, but that isn't the final piece of paperwork. Alice and yourself will be evaluated again after the '2 year waiting period', although this could be a lot sooner, but the paperwork is not in the same category as your previous initial application, part of the final documentation involves a written Stat. Dec. from both of you describing your relationship and how it's progressed up to that period. Unless there's been trouble with the police or your relationship, this part, although not a rubber stamp, is pretty close to it. These last pieces of documentation will be sent to you automatically, don't think about it. Just enjoy your new lives together. If you change your address or your circumstances change, be sure to let the Department of Immigration know. I've copied the relevant information which would obviate what I've just written. From what I understand Alice wouldn't come under any of those categories.

There is no charge for this final stage. You paid for this with your initial application fee.

Chris.

Applying for temporary and permanent visas

You apply for both a temporary visa and a permanent visa by completing and lodging one application.

If you meet all the criteria for the grant of the visa, you may be granted a temporary Partner visa (subclass 309). This visa remains valid until a decision is made on your permanent visa, which is usually two years after you initially applied for your visa.
    If you still meet all requirements when your application is considered after the waiting period, you may be granted a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100).
    However, you may be granted a permanent visa without having to wait if you can demonstrate one of the following:

at the time you apply for the visa, you have been in a married or de facto relationship with your partner for three years or more
    at the time you apply, you have been in a married or de facto relationship with your partner for two years or more, and there is a dependent child of your relationship
    your partner was granted a Protection visa or a permanent visa under the humanitarian program and you were in the relationship before the visa was granted and this had been declared to the department at the time.
    Note: Generally, you should be living with your partner in a married or de facto relationship at the time you apply.

Last edited by Chris Seaborn on 21/05/11, 07:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info.)
    slowheel
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male

Post by slowheel on 21/05/11, 08:15 am

Thank's Chris mate,
    I spoke to Alice today she asked me "have I had my interview" I said yes that was it, now I presume if and when they have any more questions they will phone or e-mail them to her/us, Alice will not have to travel again to Shanghai,

I would just like to say getting all the documents and stuff for the marriage, and all the stuff for the application has been a big load on my shoulders over the last two or three months, with everyone's help and information we got through it in the end,
    Many thank'to you all.
    I am very pleased how it all went over in China, now I feel it's all down hill (fingers crossed)coasting.

slow
    Chris Seaborn
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by Chris Seaborn on 21/05/11, 10:32 am

We're all pleased for you Slow, nah! Don't bother with the finger crossing thing, you've both done well, it would take false information given, or a break up of your relationship to stop things now. Waiting is hard, but with a bit of luck, (cross fingers! LOL) it'll come through as quick as Wanneroos.

Cheers mate,
    Chris.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20/10/18, 07:40 pm