Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 2155
    Where I live : Chelmsford, England
    I have visited China : 9 times or more
    Registration date : 2009-10-30

Contacting the UKBA

Post by makem on 12/07/12, 09:10 am

I'm not sure if this information is available elsewhere in the Forum.

A telephone number for UKBA enquiries is: 0151 672 5626 (0845 010 5200)

You will be greeted by a machine and given 5 options. which include chasing your application after less than 6 months and after more than 6 months.

I didn't follow either of these but think for the less than 6 months you will be answered as I was for option 5.

Option 5: Please contact the UKBA by email (address given), this call will end.

GBA
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male
    Number of posts : 448
    Where I live : Gloucester, UK
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2012-02-06

Re: Contacting the UKBA

Post by GBA on 12/07/12, 09:16 am

Thanks Eric.

Whilst I can understand that they don't want o be inundate with calls they (UKBA) seem to do all they can to distance themselves for any direct contact. I guess an email address is better than nothing.

GBA
    Robert
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 510
    Where I live : Norfolk
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2011-05-21

Post by Robert on 12/07/12, 01:13 pm

It's getting the same with more government departments including multinational companys which really all about saving money ignoring customers service.

There is ways round take my internet provider which is AOL they have a call centre in India quite frankly it is not very good, explained when you first called AOL they give you a selection of numbers for your problem to press I always pressed the one if you wish to end your contract I am put through to a call-centre in England with an English voice ask me why I want to terminate a contract I say I refused to talk to someone I do not understand majority of times problem is resolve.

If you're dealing with a government departments sometimes they can be several telephone numbers of course you contact the one for your problem the majority times it's just a talking bloody computer well I normally telephone all the numbers when I'm talking to you a human voice they tell me this is the wrong department I asked them can you put me through to the right department which bypasses the computer majority times I am successful.

Don't be frightened sending a letter or e-mail to the head office this can be the Queen at Buckingham Palace or the Prime Minister at Downing Street there in charge they tell us they normally past your complaints on to the minister concerned with priority I'd done it twice now and been compensated for the inconvenienced .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17/11/18, 06:41 am