paulnottingham

Male
    Number of posts : 77
    Where I live : Nottingham England
    I have visited China : 1 time
    Registration date : 2010-12-15

travel insurance for inlaws coming to uk

Post by paulnottingham on 29/07/12, 04:44 pm

Me and my wife are planning a uk ceremony in august and are flying her parents to the uk to join us for the celebration - all the tickets are booked and the visis granted but what about travel insurance?

can i buy travel insurance in the uk for their trip - not sure how to go about it as none of the sites seem to have that as an option
    makem
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 2155
    Where I live : Chelmsford, England
    I have visited China : 9 times or more
    Registration date : 2009-10-30

Re: travel insurance for inlaws coming to uk

Post by makem on 29/07/12, 05:32 pm

paulnottingham wrote:Me and my wife are planning a uk ceremony in august and are flying her parents to the uk to join us for the celebration - all the tickets are booked and the visis granted but what about travel insurance?

can i buy travel insurance in the uk for their trip - not sure how to go about it as none of the sites seem to have that as an option

Han was able to buy one trip insurance in China when she came here on a tourist visa. She bought the insurance in Beijing Airport just for the flights. No insurance whilst in the UK so if any hospital or Doctor needed I would have paid for it if they asked for payment.
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Post by handyal on 29/07/12, 07:09 pm

Her parents should be able to take out Travel Insurance with any Chinese Insurance Company or Travel Agents, just the same as you would in the UK.

They are covered for initial Emergency treatment by a Doctor or Hospital in the UK under the NHS scheme FOC.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17/11/18, 06:41 am