Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 2155
    Where I live : Chelmsford, England
    I have visited China : 9 times or more
    Registration date : 2009-10-30

Work & Pensions

Post by makem on 07/11/12, 11:47 pm

Is there a body of knowledge within the forum on this subject in respect of your Chinese wife?

eg.

If never worked, what pension, benefits etc. after retirement.

What assistance to obtain work and related benefits.

What sources there are or links to information on these subjects.

Personal knowledge
    Derek
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male
    Number of posts : 291
    Where I live : Blackpool
    Registration date : 2008-02-18

Re: Work & Pensions

Post by Derek on 08/11/12, 06:48 pm

Hi Eric

Can I suggest that you telephone DWP on the following number:-

0845 600 0643 and pose your questions to them.

I found them very helpful recently, and can I say friendly.

When you do receive the answers to your question. please feel free to enlighten us all on the forum.

Derk
    makem
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by makem on 08/11/12, 08:56 pm

Derek wrote:Hi Eric

When you do receive the answers to your question. please feel free to enlighten us all on the forum.

Derk

All ready in hand m8 Razz

Anyway if you found them so friendly why didn't you enlighten us?

Yes, I will post results in this thread. Han has an appointment for an interview on Monday following an online application for Job Seekers Allowance last night. They contact the applicant withing two days of making the application. You need to attend with two forms of ID and some financial evidence.

Han would love to work but for me her working is a problem as it ties us down and we don't need the money. However, we will see.
    chinatyke
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1797
    Where I live : Nanning & Pingguo, Guangxi
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2006-09-09

Post by chinatyke on 09/11/12, 01:10 am

makem wrote: Han has an appointment for an interview on Monday following an online application for Job Seekers Allowance last night. They contact the applicant withing two days of making the application. You need to attend with two forms of ID and some financial evidence.

Han would love to work but for me her working is a problem as it ties us down and we don't need the money. However, we will see.

IMHO this highlights all that is wrong with the UK. A foreigner enters the UK, subsequently receives residency and immediately thereafter claims benefits having made no contribution to the UK. One frequently asked question by university and adult students in China is "Is it true that your government will give me money and a house if I come to live there?". I wonder if the Chinese will operate a reverse scheme where they will start giving hand-outs to foreigners?

And as for "but for me her working is a problem as it ties us down and we don't need the money", you are part of the problem. If you don't need the money then don't claim it. Job Seekers Allowance is exactly what it says: for those SEEKING A JOB. If she is not actively seeking employment then she is a benefit thief and you are encouraging her dishonesty.

Sorry m8, but that's my opinion.

Graham

CPRSCC
    Valued Contributor
    Valued Contributor

Male
    Number of posts : 527
    Where I live : Canberra, Australia
    I have visited China : 7 times
    Registration date : 2010-05-06

Post by CPRSCC on 09/11/12, 05:53 am

For Australia:

From Department of Human Services website
    Link here

Eligibility for Age Pension

To qualify for Age Pension, you must first satisfy age and residence requirements. We then work out how much Age Pension is payable. This depends on your income and assets and other circumstances.
    Age requirements

Your eligibility for Age Pension depends on your current age and when you were born.

From 1 July 2017, the qualifying age for Age Pension will increase from 65 years to 65 and a half years. The qualifying age will then rise by six months every two years, reaching 67 by 1 July 2023.

The table below shows the gradual increase in women's qualifying age for Age Pension over the period leading up to 1 July 2013, and then the increase in qualifying age for both men and women from 1 July 2017.
    Born Women eligible for Age Pension at age Men eligible for Age Pension at age
    Before 1 July 1935 60 65
    Between 1 July 1935 and 31 December 1936 60 and a half 65
    Between 1 January 1937 and 30 June 1938 61 65
    Between 1 July 1938 and 31 December 1939 61 and a half 65
    Between 1 January 1940 and 30 June 1941 62 65
    Between 1 July 1941 and 31 December 1942 62 and a half 65
    Between 1 January 1943 and 30 June 1944 63 65
    Between 1 July 1944 and 31 December 1945 63 and a half 65
    Between 1 January 1946 and 30 June 1947 64 65
    Between 1 July 1947 and 31 December 1948 64 and a half 65
    Between 1 January 1949 and 30 June 1952 65 65
    Between 1 July 1952 and 31 December 1953 65 and a half 65 and a half
    Between 1 January 1954 and 30 June 1955 66 66
    Between 1 July 1955 and 31 December 1956 66 and a half 66 and a half
    After 1 January 1957 67 67
    Residence requirements

To lodge an Age Pension claim, you must be an Australian resident and in Australia on the day that you lodge your claim.

To qualify as an Australian resident, you must be living in Australia as:

an Australian citizen
    the holder of a permanent resident visa, or
    a New Zealand citizen who was in Australia on 26 February 2001 or for 12 months in the two years immediately before that date, or who was assessed before 26 February 2004 as 'protected'.

To be paid Age Pension, you also need to meet the 10-year qualifying Australian residence requirements, unless you:

are claiming under an international social-security agreement
    are a refugee or former refugee
    were getting Partner Allowance, Widow Allowance or Widow B Pension immediately before turning Age Pension age, or
    are a woman whose partner died while you were both Australian residents and you had two years residency immediately before claiming Age Pension.

Note: The 10-year Australian resident requirement is that you have been an Australian resident for a continuous period of at least 10 years, or for a number of periods that total more than 10 years, with one of the periods being at least five years.

For other pensions and payments the general rule is that the claimant must be an Australian resident, More information is available hereand on other pages of the Department of Human Services website here
    Robert
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 510
    Where I live : Norfolk
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2011-05-21

Post by Robert on 09/11/12, 06:37 am

I am absolutely amazes with your attitude Eric my wife would love to work but it will interfere with my social life so instead will try and claim benefits and don't give me that bullshit I pay taxes all my life you're already subsidised by the taxpayer with your police pension by the turn of 1 billion a year but greed as no boundaries.

Your wife application for jobseeker's allowance will be turned down and rightly so and if she was successful she be placed on a work programme which she will attended each week maybe you can appeal on the grounds it interferes with your social life.

My wife has been working in this country for six years not because she loves to work it's because she works so we can survive.

makem
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by makem on 09/11/12, 08:11 am

chinatyke wrote:
    makem wrote: Han has an appointment for an interview on Monday following an online application for Job Seekers Allowance last night. They contact the applicant withing two days of making the application. You need to attend with two forms of ID and some financial evidence.

IMHO this highlights all that is wrong with the UK. A foreigner enters the UK, subsequently receives residency and immediately thereafter claims benefits having made no contribution to the UK. One frequently asked question by university and adult students in China is "Is it true that your government will give me money and a house if I come to live there?". I wonder if the Chinese will operate a reverse scheme where they will start giving hand-outs to foreigners?

And as for "but for me her working is a problem as it ties us down and we don't need the money", you are part of the problem. If you don't need the money then don't claim it. Job Seekers Allowance is exactly what it says: for those SEEKING A JOB. If she is not actively seeking employment then she is a benefit thief and you are encouraging her dishonesty.

Sorry m8, but that's my opinion.

Graham

I totally understand your feeling. However, if Han wants to work and there is money to assist her in that then we are not philanthropic enough to give the money back for those who are not seeking work to spend on ciggies and booze, neither of which we partake in.
    makem
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by makem on 09/11/12, 08:14 am

Robert wrote:I am absolutely amazes with your attitude Eric my wife would love to work but it will interfere with my social life so instead will try and claim benefits and don't give me that bullshit I pay taxes all my life you're already subsidised by the taxpayer with your police pension by the turn of 1 billion a year but greed as no boundaries.

Your wife application for jobseeker's allowance will be turned down and rightly so and if she was successful she be placed on a work programme which she will attended each week maybe you can appeal on the grounds it interferes with your social life.

My wife has been working in this country for six years not because she loves to work it's because she works so we can survive.

You misunderstand m8. Please read my reply to Graham.

It MAY interfere with MY social life but if I am prepared to put up with that to allow Han to work, what is wrong with that?

Should we also ignore pensions too?
    davidmckendrick
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 2192
    Where I live : Livingston Scotland
    I have visited China : 2 times
    Registration date : 2007-05-12

Post by davidmckendrick on 09/11/12, 08:15 am

Hi Eric,
    I agree with Graham and Robert that you are adding to the belief that all migrants are only here to claim Benefits with no intention of paying anything into the UK. I know many Brits do refuse to take employment because it would interfere with their lifestyle in that they would have to get out of bed and go to work but I am horrified that you want to add Han to that number.
    My wife started looking for work as soon as she arrived here and worked and paid tax and National insurance while she was waiting for her ILR even though she was not eligible for any payments from Public funds.
    She continues to work since getting ILR although she did get some Statutary Sick Pay while she was off work for a few weeks with a serious illness earlier this year.
    She was both surprised and delighted that she was able to get some financial support because the pension that I paid into all my life is not enormous and we have her teenage son to support while he is still in further education.

David
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Post by handyal on 09/11/12, 08:53 am

There are two types of JSA.

Contribution Based which you can claim if you've paid enough NI contributions as an Employee. You can only claim this for 6 months.
    Income Based which you can claim if you've not paid enough NI contributions as an Employee and your on a low income. You cannot claim this if your partner is working more than 24 hours a week or you have savings over 16,000.

You need to attend a Job Centre every 2 weeks and prove your searching.

Ling tried to claim but was rightly refused because I worked.
    Her Chinese friends told her to divorce me and claim benefits.
    The Divorce was successful, the claim for benefits wasn't.

If Han wants to work, try the Charity shops.

handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 09/11/12, 09:10 am

Han can receive up to 60% of your State Pension based on your NI contributions when she reaches retirement age. She can claim this even if you divorce.
    chinatyke
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1797
    Where I live : Nanning & Pingguo, Guangxi
    Registration date : 2006-09-09

Post by chinatyke on 09/11/12, 09:28 am

makem wrote:

I totally understand your feeling. However, if Han wants to work and there is money to assist her in that then we are not philanthropic enough to give the money back for those who are not seeking work to spend on ciggies and booze, neither of which we partake in.

And I agree with you on that point, Eric. Not many of us would refuse money that was legally available. Han had only received her BPR 2 days previously, it just seemed indecent haste to me.

Graham Laughing
    Robert
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Robert on 09/11/12, 01:18 pm

Eric.

I shall explain life on benefits to you in this country from my own experiences not what you read in the Daily Mail which gives the impression that all people on benefit are scroungers and spend all their benefits on cigarettes and booze

I have work all my life mainly been self-employed running my own business, three years ago I suffered a bad accident resulting in my heel bone been broken in four places spending one week in hospital having an operation to place a plate and pins in my foot which will be there for the rest of my life.

After six months I decided to apply for benefits realising this was going to be a long time to recover I knew nothing about the benefit system so I applied for sickness benefits to be told this has been replaced with new benefit called Employment and Support which you are interview and questioned over the telephone for nearly one hour then you receive mountains of paperwork which you have to correct because their incompetence is unbelievable I won't go into full details because it boring but after applying three times four letters from my MP to Works and Pension Department and six months later I received payment of 64 per week increase eventually to 91 per week this is 12 months after my accident and being compensated 50 for their incompetence from the Minister Ian Duncan-Smith with no back benefits received.

After 14 weeks you go for a medical assessment if successful you received the increase payment to 91 this is done by a French company called ATOS the doctor was Polish the reception was a woman from Pakistan, my foot was swallow to twice the size and extremely painful still on crutches at the time of my medical,the Polish doctor I could not understand her she never looked at my foot at all but she found me fit for work I was inform by a telephone call from a man with a Pakistan accent. On appeal to the independent tribunal appeal (HM Courts & Tribunals Service) I won my case to have my benefit reinstated and increase to 91.

At the same time I was suffering with very bad depression which was due to my disability and been made bankrupt been dependent on my wife to help me even to take a bath the boredom was unbelievable I decided to make appointment with the JobCentre had to wait three months for this appointment pathetic, they thought I was joking when I ask for help in finding employment when I got angry with them they offered to put me on Work programme which I accepted I realise my chances of finding a job was going to be quite difficult but I do like a challenge.

What is the works programme it's run by private companies and cost the government over 600 million per year there are no better than the JobCentre in all I was with three different companies each one was bloody useless, we had one meeting one day they were 12 of us all over 50 I was the oldest at 60 it was a brainwashing session informing us you're not too old for a job there plenty of jobs for you they keep telling you,. In this office the company employed about 40 people I just said to them at the meeting why don't you practise what you preach the job advisor didn't understand at first I explained there not one person in this office employed by this company what over 40 years of age even your manager is about 35 so stop giving this bullshit to us, they threaten to stop my benefits I told them where to get off

The time arrived again for my next medical assessment and just like the first time but this time with a Spanish doctor he did speak excellent English even better than my GP who is Indian, really I felt sorry for these doctors who work for ATOS which is really a computer company they just have a computer programme to decide if you're fit for work just asking silly questions and putting a tick in a box on a computer screen,what a waste of the doctors talent. I appealed again and won again.

By this time (2011) I was working four to six hours a day on my computer looking for work I applied for at least one job a day majority of time getting no replies than surprise surprise I would be invited for interview the majority of time you have the feeling you were chosen because of your age so the company can't be accused of job discrimination because law was changed to stop discrimination because of your age in 2011.

I was thinking would I ever get a job who would wanted to employ a 61 year-old man and disabled at that. Then in January 2012 the Government said they are changing there policy towards sick and disabled people they are creating two different groups one group if you're like a vegetable you will still receive benefits the other group which I was in if you could walk even with difficulty or in wheelchair you can only claim Employment and Support for 12 months if your partner worked or as a income you receive nothing which will be the same as jobseeker's benefits, this new policy was to start in April I didn't realise at the time this was best thing to happen to me since I have been looking for work.

In July of this year the companies running works programme was really pathetic I was sent to a new company for the last time there was no better than the previous two I'd been asking for them to look at my CV to see if can be improved for last 18 months made promises nothing happened. each time I visit them they received payment from the taxpayer I decided to write to my MP with my frustrations and anger I was amazed with his reply he demanded that I make appointment with a JobCentre which he would attend the meeting with me he was just as angry as myself with the treatment I was receiving from Work programme when I went to see my job advisor I show him the e-mail form my MP I was in the manager's office within minutes he said they didn't realise I wanted a job they thought I just wanted the benefit when I pointed out I have been coming here and not received any benefit since April I show all my e-mail for job application he said he was sorry I hit the bloody roof with his attitude no wonder people are unemployed in this country when you're paid to help them you do bloody nothing but take taxpayers' money you're no better than benefit cheats my CV was re written that morning,
    My doctor was no better after three years my foot was still very painful and swollen if walking any great distance he thought I was just complaining so I would receive my benefits when he realised I wasn't receiving benefits he referred me back to the hospital where the surgeon wanted to insert more pins in my foot and be back in plaster for 12 months and no guarantee my pain would go away, I refused even if they did pay me benefit again.

Then in September of this year I was looking through the Jobcentres website one vacancy caught my eye, my wife works at a residential home they was advertising a vacancy I know the manager I telephone Pauline the manager she said could you come for a interview tomorrow, at my interview I told her I have no qualifications no commercial experience you know I am disabled but give me a chance I know I can do the job Pauline said let see what I do and see what the big boss says two weeks later I started work.

I be working now for six weeks is not easy had to increase the painkillers but the pain does not really worry me having no self-respect call a scrounger and accused of spending all your benefits on cigarettes and booze is far more painful.

I be advised I can apply for disabled living allowance, No thank you

Looking back over last three years I'd been through hell there's one person I wish to really thank my wife Li-Ping she help me financially emotionally and just been there for me. The next time someone says to me she married you for your money or a British passport would some kind person help me to get off the floor for laughing lol

What is my new job I don't believe it myself I am the cook for 21 old dears that 63 meals a day for 4 days a week there another cook she does the other three days

makem
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by makem on 09/11/12, 01:30 pm

Robert, I started this thread to get information.

I did not start it to be abused or told that my way of life, beliefs and everything is wrong or should be changed.

The message you put in here (Graham too) do nothing but put would be helper off helping when they see such diatribes which I for one refuse to read. Please use installments if you have long, too long messages that do not contribute to the thread.

Any abuse or disagreement with a person should be kept in the Vault as you have often said.

I will start a new thread sand perhaps Alan would be good enough to move the relevant post there.

makem
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by makem on 09/11/12, 01:42 pm

chinatyke wrote:
    makem wrote:

And I agree with you on that point, Eric. Not many of us would refuse money that was legally available. Han had only received her BPR 2 days previously, it just seemed indecent haste to me.

Graham Laughing

Graham, how long should I wait?

In fact the only way I could find to get information was to apply for JSA, get an interview, with an interpreter to have Han fully understand the system as I may not be here for ever.

It is highly likely that Han will not receive an allowance (It's not a benefit!), as we may be over the threshold if there is one.

If you check online you will find it is a maze, similar to the UKBA maze, hence I ask for assistance, not criticism.

I have worked since I left education in some seven jobs, three of which were 'main' jobs and have never claimed any State aid. I feel that if our Government want to give Han some help in obtaining a job to enable her to pay tax, then so be it, we will not refuse.

Han will not be working for cash in hand and hopefully will be able to teach. Some may work for cash in hand AND claim benefits, we do not. Don't forget, benefits include help with rent, council tax etc, none of which we get or have ever had.
    makem
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by makem on 09/11/12, 01:56 pm

That was interesting Chris.

We may find that there is a rule such as your ten year residency rule. I was surprised that it does not mention any contributions. It appears that you don't need to work to get a pension after 10 years?
    makem
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by makem on 09/11/12, 02:01 pm

davidmckendrick wrote:Hi Eric,
    I agree with Graham and Robert that you are adding to the belief that all migrants are only here to claim Benefits with no intention of paying anything into the UK. I know many Brits do refuse to take employment because it would interfere with their lifestyle in that they would have to get out of bed and go to work but I am horrified that you want to add Han to that number.
    My wife started looking for work as soon as she arrived here and worked and paid tax and National insurance while she was waiting for her ILR even though she was not eligible for any payments from Public funds.
    She continues to work since getting ILR although she did get some Statutary Sick Pay while she was off work for a few weeks with a serious illness earlier this year.
    She was both surprised and delighted that she was able to get some financial support because the pension that I paid into all my life is not enormous and we have her teenage son to support while he is still in further education.

David

In fact Han did try for work but I would not allow her to take a job for cash in hand. I think that is assisting businesses to work outside the law.

Her applications and interviews came to nothing because her language skills were not good enough. She spent her time learning the language and about life here to enable her to get a tax paying job with some standing.

If the only way to get assistance is to apply for JSA, then what is wrong with that? Once in the 'system' she can get help in many ways, none of which will attract money. Outside the system she cannot.

Please keep personal comments/abuse where it belongs.
    makem
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by makem on 09/11/12, 02:04 pm

handyal wrote:Han can receive up to 60% of your State Pension based on your NI contributions when she reaches retirement age. She can claim this even if you divorce.

Thank you.

Do you know what the criteria are? You say, "Up to", is that dependent on other income?

My main employer opted out of the State scheme at one point so that may affect the 60%.
    Robert
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Robert on 09/11/12, 02:13 pm

Eric
    Your one making the application for your wife jobseeker's allowance reading your post your making so many contradictions

By next year the new Universe benefit system starts which will make a lot of benefit information redundant you receive now, then in two years' time pensions credit allowance will be renewed, so looking to the future for any benefit or allowance and pensions nobody really knows at the moment.

Setting your wife in the jobseeker's system hoping to find work in my experience it's a complete waste of time

makem
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by makem on 09/11/12, 06:42 pm

Robert wrote:Eric
    Your one making the application for your wife jobseeker's allowance reading your post your making so many contradictions

By next year the new Universe benefit system starts which will make a lot of benefit information redundant you receive now, then in two years' time pensions credit allowance will be renewed, so looking to the future for any benefit or allowance and pensions nobody really knows at the moment.

Setting your wife in the jobseeker's system hoping to find work in my experience it's a complete waste of time

No contradictions, of course I am making the application on her behalf - she does not understand the system. Anyway, what is the difference her or me? She will do the interview, all I did was ask for it!

Ok, that's your opinion, it is not mine.
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by handyal on 09/11/12, 08:56 pm

makem wrote:
    handyal wrote:Han can receive up to 60% of your State Pension based on your NI contributions when she reaches retirement age. She can claim this even if you divorce.

Thank you.

Do you know what the criteria are? You say, "Up to", is that dependent on other income?

My main employer opted out of the State scheme at one point so that may affect the 60%.

Currently, to receive a full basic State Pension you need 30 qualifying years of paying full contributions. Han can receive up to 60% of your Pension based on your contributions. If you have 30 years contributions then Han should get the full 60%. This assumes you are still living and in receipt of your Pension.

If widowed Han would receive full basic State Pension based on your contributions.

You may want to check that any of your Personal Pension plans may also pay Han a reduced Pension in the event of your decease.
    Robert
    Admin
    Admin

Male

Post by Robert on 09/11/12, 09:44 pm

Eric

You say No contradictions, lets take a look at your previous post
    Post 3
    Han would love to work but for me her working is a problem as it ties us down and we don't need the money. so you was expecting money

Post 7
    we are not philanthropic enough to give the money back for those who are not seeking work to spend on ciggies and booze, neither of which we partake in. if you received money you would not give it back so again you was expecting money
    Post 8
    It MAY interfere with MY social life but if I am prepared to put up with that to allow Han to work, what is wrong with that? as you stated previously your wife working would give you problems now you say you prepared put up with that

Post 15
    It is highly likely that Han will not receive an allowance (It's not a benefit!), as we may be over the threshold if there is one. well after being informed by members you realise there's no money your changing your mind again, allowances or benefits are the same just different terminology

Don't forget, benefits include help with rent, council tax etc, none of which we get or have ever had. you're wrong not everyone who is unemployed receives help with rent and council tax
    Post 17
    Her applications and interviews came to nothing because her language skills were not good enough. She spent her time learning the language and about life here to enable her to get a tax paying job with some standing. so you want your wife with a job with some standing with unemployment and the demand for jobs you be very lucky

If the only way to get assistance is to apply for JSA, then what is wrong with that? Once in the 'system' she can get help in many ways, none of which will attract money. Outside the system she cannot. help in many ways you say for a woman nearly 60 years of age they wouldn't bother wasting taxpayers' money you be lucky if they send her to college to improve her language skills

Post20
    No contradictions, of course I am making the application on her behalf - she does not understand the system. Anyway, what is the difference her or me? She will do the interview, all I did was ask for it!

Nobody really understand the system when they first applied for benefits if anything happened to you Eric you be best to advise your wife to go to Citizens Advice Bureau.

If you read my long post which you refuse to do you will see for yourself and eventually learn that the JobCentre or the Government Work Programmes are a total waste of time if Han went on Government Work Programmes her time would be spent in their offices looking for a job on their computer which you can easily do at home that about how much help she will received the private company's who runs the works programme on behalf of the Government only really interested in young people with skills much easier to place in work because they will receive a cash bonus from the Government not someone near retirement there's no incentive for them to find her work.

The best Han could do to find work is Alan's excellent idea of working in a charity shop this will give her the experience in retail her language will improve have more understanding of retail industry and a CV with history of working in the UK, then eventually she could apply for a job at one of the large supermarkets working in different areas from shelf stacking to customers relations she will not do much better than this with high unemployment at the present time

I wish Han every success in finding work
    makem
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by makem on 09/11/12, 10:29 pm

Do you know Robert, I have a good mind to go through your last post and CONTRADICT everything you have said as you have taken all out of context.

However, I really wonder if it would achieve anything. This thread is totally messed up with crap which according to you, should be in the Vault. Tell Alan to move it and I will find the time.
    Derek
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male
    Number of posts : 291
    Where I live : Blackpool
    Registration date : 2008-02-18

Post by Derek on 10/11/12, 09:44 am

makem wrote:
    Derek wrote:Hi Eric

Derk

All ready in hand m8 Razz

Anyway if you found them so friendly why didn't you enlighten us?

Yes, I will post results in this thread. Han has an appointment for an interview on Monday following an online application for Job Seekers Allowance last night. They contact the applicant withing two days of making the application. You need to attend with two forms of ID and some financial evidence.

Eric.

I had only telephoned them that morning.

You make a comment "Anyway if you found them so friendly why didn't you enlighten us?" I seam to recollect in the past asking you a similar question on why did you not post something when you had found out. But no response was forth coming.

Derk

Graham
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 526
    Where I live : Weifang, Friendly Shandong
    Registration date : 2011-02-25

Post by Graham on 10/11/12, 09:52 am

handyal wrote:
    Currently, to receive a full basic State Pension you need 30 qualifying years of paying full contributions.
    I understand this is about to change, and the 30 years will no longer be a requirement.
    Every one will receive the full 100%, with any number of qualifying years.

Can't remember where I read it though.

Gra.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 13/12/18, 09:51 am