Male
    Number of posts : 2
    Where I live : Singapore
    I have visited China : Not been yet
    Registration date : 2014-07-18

Married aIn Singapore

Post by SAFC73 on 18/07/14, 05:17 am

Hi Newbee onsite

Just wondering if anyone has any advice regarding my circumstances.
    I am currently working in Singapore from UK, and my wife to be is back in China.
    We have lived together for 6 years when I was located in Dubai, with no Visa issues. In Singapore things seem far more difficult, I have been informed that in order for her to obtain a long term Visa she will have to be considered my dependent, to qualify for dependency we will have to have Marital status.
    The question I am asking is this the criteria ?, if so it seems very simple as and of course I will very happy. If anyone can confirm or has more details on any other requirements could you let me know.

Thanks
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Re: Married aIn Singapore

Post by handyal on 24/07/14, 11:41 am

Welcome to the forum.

To answer your question, the best advice I could give would be to contact an expats forum from Singapore. You'll get more help and advice there from those who are experienced in these matters from already residing there.
    Try: http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/forum13.html

Unfortunately this forum deals with mainly Chinese living in the UK or Australia.

In many Countries you do have to be married to get long term residency. A Chinese girlfriend for example could not get permanent residency in the UK or Australia. She must be a dependant, i.e. wife. I presume you work there and have a Visa to suit?
    Only dependants could join you to reside, otherwise non dependants can only visit for a short period.
    What you have been told makes sense.

1234mil17
    Interested Member
    Interested Member

Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Where I live : australia
    I have visited China : 2 times
    Registration date : 2012-05-19

Post by 1234mil17 on 24/07/14, 02:12 pm

Hi , not entirely true re permanant residensy in oz A friend of mine brought his G/F from Thialand on 1 of those fiance visa where u have 9 months to get married i gather , well that was over 5 yrs ago they still not married and she has her permanant resident visa now , another friend has G/F a Filapina girl only been here 2/3 yrs she is due to get permanant residensy in Nov So dont believe all you read LOL Mil
    wanneroo
    Dedicated Member
    Dedicated  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 679
    Where I live : Perth Australia
    I have visited China : 4 times
    Registration date : 2009-12-13

Post by wanneroo on 25/07/14, 03:21 am

Cant see the Australian immigration being so slack to hand out PR visas this way My Wife and I applied 309/100 it was very defined regarding application for a PR visa, having a Girlfriend and being given a PR after application for the 9 month marriage rule and no marriage makes no sense at all to me someone is telling a fib with respect
    handyal
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3392
    Where I live : Roi-Et Thailand
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2008-01-06

Post by handyal on 25/07/14, 08:58 am

wanneroo wrote:Cant see the Australian immigration being so slack to hand out PR visas this way My Wife and I applied 309/100 it was very defined regarding application for a PR visa, having a Girlfriend and being given a PR after application for the 9 month marriage rule and no marriage makes no sense at all to me someone is telling a fib with respect

Totally agree Geoff. Someone is telling porkies. Only dependants would be able to get PR, otherwise they are visitors and have a limited time of stay.

It's irrelevant anyway because the OP was enquiring about Singapore, not Australia.

MIL show me the link on Australian Immigration website where it states such is possible.
    I can give you links to the contrary. Your mates are telling fibs.

1234mil17
    Interested Member
    Interested Member

Male

Post by 1234mil17 on 25/07/14, 09:46 am

Hey i agree with you , i was just telling you a fact , i can gaurantee they are not married and the guy with the thai girl does not want to get married i dont know how he got away with it but he has and it over 5 yrs she been here Mil

SAFC73

Male
    Number of posts : 2
    Where I live : Singapore
    I have visited China : Not been yet
    Registration date : 2014-07-18

Post by SAFC73 on 25/07/14, 10:19 am

Thanks guys , now now ,,no need to argue about something that has nothing to do with my original question.
    I seem to have sorted things out and am clear on what to do now, I wont bore you with the long winded procedure involved, but I do appreciate the feedback, cheers Gents

1234mil17
    Interested Member
    Interested Member

Male

Post by 1234mil17 on 26/07/14, 12:06 am

Hi again, my original post , was only meant to highlight that as i said ! dont believe everything you read ,and yes Wanneroo i do remember you getting your wifes visa rather quickly,i put that down to ,your wife being of similar age to you (not a large gap ect ) so would seem a genuine relationship, not like me for eg 25 yr gap lol As for Handyal asking for the link for the info that allows this,surprised me , of course there is no link for those situations that allow ppl to get visas in this manner, but the cases i mentioned has happened and not a porky as mentioned, and do you really think i would waste my time posting something that i was not 100% positive about Mil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/12/18, 04:09 am