Male
    Number of posts : 1789
    Where I live : Nanning & Pingguo, Guangxi
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2006-09-09

Re: English test centre in Nanning?

Post by chinatyke on 24/01/15, 02:47 pm

Try again, 4th time lucky!

The PSB is NOT the same place. You register for temp residence at your local police station and the PSB handle visas. In Nanning (might be different in Beihai) they retain your passport for 21 days. Look at this thread:
    http://nanninginfosite.editboard.com/t3591-21-days-to-process-residence-permits-requests-at-psb

PSB will issue you a new visa if yours expires. There is no such thing as an extension. You must then re-register at the local police station. Ring the local PSB and they will advise you.

GBA
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male
    Number of posts : 448
    Where I live : Gloucester, UK
    I have visited China : 6 times
    Registration date : 2012-02-06

Post by GBA on 24/01/15, 03:02 pm

Jeeeez Karl you dont hang around that is for sure.

Interesting new info on the CNI or single certificate.

GBA
    dafu
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male
    Number of posts : 341
    Where I live : Nagykanizsa, Hungary and Nanning
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by dafu on 24/01/15, 03:36 pm

You need the exit-entry bureau. 公安局出入境.

http://www.gazx.gov.cn/gxgat/policeworkactivity/23461.jhtml shows the new PSB hall that opened last October in Beihai. Address is shown as 213 Zhongshan Dong lu.

1234mil17
    Interested Member
    Interested Member

Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Where I live : australia
    I have visited China : 2 times
    Registration date : 2012-05-19

Post by 1234mil17 on 25/01/15, 01:24 am

Hi , once again you have to be care full in China ,as rules appear to differ from city to city when i extended my visa  ( and it was a new stick in visa added to your passport) in Chongzuo 3times over the yrs  , each time it was returned in 7 days , the reason it had to be done there as thats where the wifes  book is registered there (e.g. i could not get it done in Nanning) and i did not have to  reregister again at our local police station This is why it is very handy getting uptodate information from members actually living in china like Graham/Dafu as things are constantly changing. Here in Perth Australia you can no longer get your visa at the Chinese Consulate they now have an outside visa office in the city , no doubt they will have a new type of visa form lol Mil17

karladam1234

Male
    Number of posts : 19
    Where I live : England, UK
    I have visited China : 5 times
    Registration date : 2015-01-15

Post by karladam1234 on 25/01/15, 02:05 am

Thanks for the great info again guy`s, I will show the website to the GF today, so she knows where to go on Monday.

On another note, I got her to do the practice paper 1 yesterday for the English test, her understanding of the test is better than I thought, she only got one question wrong and that was on the reading part, which does not count for the Visa. So I have downloaded all the other practice tests now so she can do them over the next few weeks. I will practice more with her doing the speaking to try and get it more smooth. Sometimes she is thinking too much about what she wants to say, instead of just speaking. I feel that she would pass the test without and additional training.

Once I get back to UK I will post the links in a new post for the practice tests (Internet very slow here, I miss my fibre LOL), it is helpful to know the format of these tests before doing the test. All depending on the level of English your GF might be at. The training centre in Guangzhou do offer training, a 15 days course, 4 hours a day, but I know now that this would be a waste of money on her. Over the last 3 years that I have known Lian, her English has got better and better, we only get out phones out for some more complex words now, or I want to know what the English word is.

Wasting money...LOL
    I said I would buy a printer.... She said you do not need one, we can go here and print it. hehe
    We did look at printers.... wow what can I say, the price here is way over the top, my printer back home cost £170, here near £400
    I am finding this with many things here in China, mobile phones and other things are more expensive than back home. Some things are really cheap, I got her a new E Bike last month for £250 ready to go, with the new number plates on. So looking at this, the printer is a very expensive item here and a waste of money too.

karladam1234

Male
    Number of posts : 19
    Where I live : England, UK
    I have visited China : 5 times
    Registration date : 2015-01-15

Post by karladam1234 on 25/01/15, 03:48 am

Yes I would love to live in China, far better here than the UK. I love every min of every day when I am in here, It would be a dream to live and work here, but as we all know getting a job here is very hard.
    I thought about doing some oral English with the two centres here in Beihai, I sent them emails, but had no replies from them.
    The rules about having a Degree and all that would make it very hard for me, other than getting a copy Degree done, then I would always be living in fear of removal from China.
    Maybe the rules will change in the future....

My Chinese is very very basic, I try to listen, but my brain says NO it all sounds the same LOL

Over the last 3 years, I have been teaching Lian with her English, never any time for me to learn the Chinese. Lian did say the other day once she has done the English test, she would start to teach me more Chinese.

So if someone knows of a company that wants an English person to do very little and pay me lots of money let me know hehe

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20/10/18, 07:22 pm