Intermediate Member

Male
    Number of posts : 357
    Where I live : Bath U.K.
    I have visited China : 5 times
    Registration date : 2008-02-20

Family Visit Visa to UK

Post by pronto on 05/08/15, 04:23 pm

Does anybody know if this Visa still exists?

I ask because there is conflicting information on this.

pronto
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male

Re: Family Visit Visa to UK

Post by pronto on 11/08/15, 10:37 am

Hi
    great response !! - some really busy people out there!- busy on holidays perhaps?
    chinatyke
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1789
    Where I live : Nanning & Pingguo, Guangxi
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2006-09-09

Post by chinatyke on 24/08/15, 09:53 am

I don't know the answer to your question without looking it up on Google. As you know Google is crippled in China, so it would take too long, better to do it yourself.

www.google.com
    chinatyke
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1789
    Where I live : Nanning & Pingguo, Guangxi
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2006-09-09

Post by chinatyke on 24/08/15, 10:00 am

https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa

The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the:

Family Visitor visa
    General Visitor visa
    Child Visitor visa
    Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
    Sports Visitor visa
    Entertainer Visitor visa
    Prospective Entrepreneur visa
    Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
    Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

This forum is even slower than crippled Google, you have to be patient to get an answer.

pronto
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male

Family Visit Visa to UK

Post by pronto on 27/08/15, 09:29 pm

Thanks , Chinatyke, for your replies.

In effect, my question is now redundant, in that persons have now visited UK, but, somewhat strangely, not the  two  concerning whom my enquiry was made.

It is on account of  the two ( husband and wife) Chinese  having been advised by their agent in China to state firmly ,  that, if and when the VAC contacted them  their visa application was for a 'Tourist visa' application, but, in the event,   when the VAC  asked either who or where they were visiting , one of the two forgot  the agent's advice, and said, 'my sister' which was true., and VAC said this was, in fact a Family Visit application and not a Tourist visa application.

That answer apparently denied them getting a Tourist Visa( short - term I suppose) and subsequently their visa application was turned down, and they were unable to visit.

They were extremely disappointed, but two other related applicants, the daughter, and her husband ( plus a child) who were intending to fit in their own visit with the parents, applied for a tourist visa and had no difficulty, because the husband is a European citizen though working in China.

I have difficulty, even now, wondering, why both agent and VAC talked about a Family Visit Visa, when it no longer exists, having been superseded, as you stated, Chinatyke, and as I had already informed the parents' daughter.
    (Though ironically, the Standard Visitor Visa seems to include Family visit )

Being in the UK, I was not privy to the particular information/documentation that had been provided by the parents to the their agent, and to the VAC in Guangzhou whom I gather they vsited. but I guess it was insufficient or not fully applicable to the requirements of a short-term tourist visa ( if such there is), in some way.

It could be, for instance,  details and list, of places to be visited in the UK and that they would  return to China after visit, or their ability to fully support their visit financially was not provided, or that they did not provide confirmation that they would return to China after visit.

All this is speculation on my part, and I chose not to  question any of the 'would be visitors' on these matters, at such a sensitive time for all concerned, then or since.

Thanks for your interest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 20/10/18, 07:17 pm