tefler2004

Male
    Number of posts : 3
    Where I live : Guangzhou
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2017-01-13

Obtaining a spouse visa for me.

Post by tefler2004 on 13/01/17, 10:18 am

Hi. New to the site so don't really know where to post this. I am a teacher in Guangdong province and will be finishing the contract in July. I want to obtain a spouse visa before then as my residence permit expires on July 10th. My Chinese wife lives in Nanning and we have been married for almost 10 years. Where in Nanning would I go to apply for the visa and how long would it take? Can I apply online as if I can't then I will have to finish my teaching well before the end of the school year.
    Hope someone can help me with this and I will be eternally grateful.
    chinatyke
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1797
    Where I live : Nanning & Pingguo, Guangxi
    Registration date : 2006-09-09

Re: Obtaining a spouse visa for me.

Post by chinatyke on 18/01/17, 02:10 am

Hi Tefler.

Spouse visa = residence permit. If you already have a RP you are applying for a renewal.

You cannot apply for this online in Nanning, I don't know if you can apply online in Guangdong.

You should apply where you are resident.

In Nanning you apply at the Public Security Bureau (PSB).
    You must apply 21 days in advance.

The documents you need are given below. You must show the original documents when producing photocopies.

Application form. Note that a different form is used in Nanning to the one shown on the Chinese government websites.
    Photocopy of main page of your passport.
    Photocopy of previous resident certificate in your passport.
    Photocopy of last entry stamp in your passport (entry into China). If this is in an old passport then take the expired passport also.
    Photocopy of your Marriage Certificate (red book).
    Photocopy of Your wife's ID card.
    Photocopy of your wife's Nanning residence certificate (both sides).
    Photocopy of Accommodation Registration Form For Foreign Nationals issued by Nanning police at the police station in the area where you live.
    Photocopy of the house ownership documents or rental agreement and landlord's ID card, address and other details if you are living in rented property.
    2 recent passport style photos.
    Photocopy of Wife's Nanning Hukou.
    Medical certificate if this is your first resident permit or you have left China during the validity of your last resident permit.
    Fee. 3 years ago this was about 800 rmb for UK citizens for a 3 years resident permit.

tefler2004

Male
    Number of posts : 3
    Where I live : Guangzhou
    Registration date : 2017-01-13

Post by tefler2004 on 03/04/17, 02:04 pm

It is all sorted. I can apply a few days before my residence permit expires. That is I don't need to go 21 days before it expires. I can leave the school a few days before the end of the semester.

I only need a medical if I am applying for a two year visa. I can do the medical here in Guangdong where I work. I could get a 5 year one but my passport expires in September 2019. The cost is 400 for one year and 800 for two years,which is not a problem.

I don't need photocopies of my passport as they will keep it to put the visa in. I have been in China since 2004

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 13/12/18, 08:31 am