Intermediate Member

Male
    Number of posts : 357
    Where I live : Bath U.K.
    I have visited China : 5 times
    Registration date : 2008-02-20

UK SETTLEMENT SPOUSE VISAS -MINIMUM SALARY/INCOME

Post by pronto on 14/04/17, 04:25 pm

Can anyone point me towards the current or latest official UK Government information on the annual minimum salary or income amounts required by the UK spouse/Guarantor to enable Chinese girlfriend or fiancee to get UK settlement visa, to marry and settle in the UK, please?

I believe it used to be something like £18,000 to £24,400, but if, as in this particular case, ., a child accompanies and lives with them in the UK, I believe the required amount is increased - By how much?  

The man in question who is classed as disabled, is physically ok , has pension income below £24,400; and he has asked how much she would have to pay just for a holiday in the UK?

Thanks

pronto
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male

UK SETTLEMENT SPOUSE VISAS- MINIMUM SALARY/INCOME

Post by pronto on 14/04/17, 05:03 pm

Please ignore my request for information a short time ago today, as the man concerned has just changed his plans- apparently, and understandably, having been frightened off by the financial requirements involved.
    chinatyke
    Senior  Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1797
    Where I live : Nanning & Pingguo, Guangxi
    I have visited China : I live in China
    Registration date : 2006-09-09

Re: UK SETTLEMENT SPOUSE VISAS -MINIMUM SALARY/INCOME

Post by chinatyke on 16/04/17, 07:01 am

Currently the UK citizen must have income of £18600 per year to bring in a Non-EEA spouse. The spouses income* is NOT taken into consideration. The threshold rises to £22400 for 1 child and by £2400 for each additional child.

*Only the visa sponsor’s income can be taken into account if the non-EEA spouse is not already living in the UK with permission to work.

Last edited by chinatyke on 16/04/17, 09:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    chinatyke
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by chinatyke on 16/04/17, 08:50 am

Read and download the full report here:

http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/SN06724
    chinatyke
    Senior  Member

Male

Post by chinatyke on 16/04/17, 12:23 pm

You say your friend is disabled. This can make a difference. Quote from the document in the above link:

The minimum income requirement does not apply if the UK- based sponsor is in receipt of the following benefits:

Only sponsors in receipt of Carer’s Allowance and certain disability- related benefits are exempt

Disability Living Allowance; Severe Disablement Allowance, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, Personal Independence Payment, Attendance Allowance, or Carer’s Allowance.
    Home Office, Immigration Directorate Instructions, ‘Chapter 8 Appendix FM (family members)’. In particular, Annex FM 1.7 ‘Financial requirement’ and Annex 1.7a ‘Maintenance’ discuss in detail how the minimum income requirement is applied. Further information can be found in Paragraphs A277 - A279 of the Immigration Rules and the Immigration Directorate Instructions ‘Chapter 8 family members transitional arrangements’.

Instead, the sponsor must demonstrate that they have “adequate maintenance” funds in place, in line with the pre- July 2012 requirements.

pronto
    Intermediate Member
    Intermediate Member

Male

U SETTLEMENT SPOUSE VISAS- MINIMUM SALARY/INCOME

Post by pronto on 17/04/17, 10:00 am

Dear Chinatyke,

I thank you very much for your prompt, concise, comprehensive and informative reply to my enquiry.
    As is normal for you, you hit the nail on the head with unerring accuracy, and you take some trouble to ensure that you tick all the relevant boxes. Thanks again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 13/12/18, 09:17 am